Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Eric. I just submitted my CCW application last week. Don't currently own a gun, still deciding what I want to get. Oh, and I live in Ogden. I think that's all. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
:welcome:
Glad to have you here, stick around, post often and make yourself at home. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

How did you find us? How/where do you plan to carry? What firearms have you shot before and which did you like/dislike? We can give you opinions on what to get/use, but it helps if you narrow the range down a bit to just a couple guns.

I will be the first to pipe in and suggest a Springfield XD :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
:sup:
Welcome aboard. I recommend Glock, but it's all about what YOU like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Nice to have you on board. Follow the threads on guns and how to carry them. You will learn a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GeneticsDave said:
:welcome:
How did you find us? How/where do you plan to carry? What firearms have you shot before and which did you like/dislike? We can give you opinions on what to get/use, but it helps if you narrow the range down a bit to just a couple guns.

I will be the first to pipe in and suggest a Springfield XD :D
I just did a google search for a Utah CC forum, I was curious on a few Utah laws. I'd probably want to carry IWB but who knows, I've never even tried a holster on. My first and only trip to the range (impact) I shot the Springfield XD 9mm, it did like it but didn't really have anything to compare it to. I'm drifting towards Glock solely on their name and reputation. As far as just reasearch without actually shooting anything, I think I like the Glock 23...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Morty said:
I'm drifting towards Glock solely on their name and reputation.
Read this thread first before you buy one. Make sure you test fire any weapon before buying it. The XD and Glock have very different grip angles and aim differently - so your natural point of aim will be off with one of them. XD also has a passive grip safety to help prevent those negligent discharges you hear about with Glocks (granted you shouldn't need it, but anywho). Plus, the XD is so much better looking :)

If you can't tell, I'm biased. I hope you are happy with whatever you choose, but if you need more reasons to buy an XD over a Glock (Block), just let me know :lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Welcome.
You will quickly find that just having one firearm will not work. It is like having a single screwdriver. You can make it work most of the time but having the right one for the job makes life so much easier! I carry a full size XD and decided after shooting both Glocks and XD, but I also am looking at getting a 5 shot snub nosed revolver now that the weather is warmer. Good Luck on your hand gun search!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
Welcome. Buy whatever you want as far as your first gun...cause it won't be long before you buy another....and another....and another....and another....a pretty soon you will know what you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
PW said:
Welcome. Buy whatever you want as far as your first gun...cause it won't be long before you buy another....and another....and another....and another....a pretty soon you will know what you like.
Yes, and the problem is you will probably like them all and still want another. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Welcome aboard Eric!

I am up near Ogden as well. PM me and we can go shooting sometime. I have a few guns you can try out. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
:welcome:

ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MarshallDodge said:
Welcome aboard Eric!

I am up near Ogden as well. PM me and we can go shooting sometime. I have a few guns you can try out. 8)
That would actually be pretty cool! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Welcome! post often.
:sup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
If you can't tell, I'm biased. I hope you are happy with whatever you choose, but if you need more reasons to buy an XD over a Glock (Block), just let me know :lol2:
You ain't kidding, those XDs are so [edited by moderator - don't try to bypass word filters] sexxy! :love: hehe!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top