Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was so excited to receive a reply to an older post I had made requesting a new logo. Our very own Contagious did a wonderful job creating a great new logo.

Thank you Contagious. I am so excited I have been wanting to do mugs, t-shirts, etc however, I wanted to wait for this very thing to happen. So stay tuned to be able to order new UCC logo merchandise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Wow, That will be cool. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Glad to have helped! My little way of expressing appreciation to the owners/moderators/etc. of my new daily hangout spot!

I am by no means a graphic artist, but who knows - this may encourage others who are truly talented to start creating things for the site.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
The second I opened this forum this morning, it was the first thing I noticed! Looks awesome.
One suggestion (no offense intended and non taken if ignored) make the outline and color of Utah a bit more noticeable. It blends in the background a bit. I know it is the great state of Utah on the logo, but if you had never seen our logo, you might not know what it is because the state color and the background blend together.
This may be sacreligious, but I think you could use small versions of the logo as targets!

-PW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
PW said:
One suggestion (no offense intended and non taken if ignored) make the outline and color of Utah a bit more noticeable. It blends in the background a bit. I know it is the great state of Utah on the logo, but if you had never seen our logo, you might not know what it is because the state color and the background blend together.
That's because it is concealed. I didn't want it to print too much!

PW said:
This may be sacreligious, but I think you could use small versions of the logo as targets!
Watch out - this one shoots back!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
Contagious said:
PW said:
One suggestion (no offense intended and non taken if ignored) make the outline and color of Utah a bit more noticeable. It blends in the background a bit. I know it is the great state of Utah on the logo, but if you had never seen our logo, you might not know what it is because the state color and the background blend together.
That's because it is concealed. I didn't want it to print too much!
Gotcha.

-PW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Nice job, Contagius! When I first opened the site this morning for some reason my browser didn't refresh and it was still the old logo... I was trying to figure out what all the fuss was about... I was even looking at the old logo trying to figure out if something minor had been added or changed... then I figured I'd refresh and voila! :D

I must say, it's very nice. I can't wait for the UCC paraphernelia (sp?)!

I was wondering though... maybe there should be an actual URL somewhere??? Like, www.utahconcealedcarry.com in a smaller pitch centered below the "Concealed Carry"???

Just an idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
I don't care what all the rest of you think.

I like it. :D

Tarzan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I added an orange border on the state. Seems to help it to stick out better. Also, Here is a full size image if anyone wants to add the address to the bottom.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
This isn't quite what I'm had in mind (I'm not the greatest with photoshop type stuff... but here it is, in three different colors... I'm partial to the red version myself b/c I think it stands out more, but who knows...







I apologize for the ridiculous size... this is actually my first time using ImageShack and I couldn't seem to get BOTH a small version of the image AND be able to click on it and get a larger one... I don't know why... anyways...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
Be careful of red on grey or light blue... essentially disappears for the color blind (I'm told).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
I like the red, but red is my favorite color so I guess my opinion shouldn't really count. I do think the blue is probably the best as it is consistent with the color theme.

-PW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
PW said:
I like the red, but red is my favorite color so I guess my opinion shouldn't really count. I do think the blue is probably the best as it is consistent with the color theme.
I know, I'm the same way about red which is why it probably shouldn't count for me either. Also, I actually think the blue looks really nice, as you said b/c of the consistency), however I like the red b/c I feel it stands out to other people and they might be prompted to check the site out...????

But all this talk begs the "?"... while having mugs, shirts, etc. with the logo will be really kewl, for most of us (I'm assuming) this would be private at-home gear... I mean, if you are wearing a shirt or using a coffee mug at work that says "UCC" all over it... the message is pretty obvious! :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm still stoked about the gear and will def. buy some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
bane said:
But all this talk begs the "?"... while having mugs, shirts, etc. with the logo will be really kewl, for most of us (I'm assuming) this would be private at-home gear... I mean, if you are wearing a shirt or using a coffee mug at work that says "UCC" all over it... the message is pretty obvious! :(
I'm going to guess that Thomas and Jeff have Cafepress.com in mind. It's the same place I've purchased Packing.org and R. Lee Ermey gear.

The hats and shirts would be nice for the monthly get togethers where we don't care about being made. They also sell plenty of under cover items, mugs, mouse pads etc. I purchased some R. Lee Ermey motivational thongs for my sister in law when I tired of her complaining about her man's problems. :twisted:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top