Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on the board for a few days and it looks like a great place, so I decided to go ahead and register. :D

I'm a mom of 4 fabulous kids, as my username indicates. I first got my CFP in 1998, then let it lapse, and got it again this year. I was first introduced to guns by my husband, a self-proclaimed gun nut, while we were dating. His wedding gift to me in 1998 was my Kahr Lady K9, which is still my carry gun, and my 1st anniversary gift was my Rossi .357 lever action rifle. He also surprised me one day a few years ago with a Beretta 391 20 gauge, and I have since purchased for myself a Beretta 3901 in 12 gauge.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks here and discussing concealed carry issues.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
:welcome: from Bountiful!

We're glad you found us! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know. This forum has some excellent members and is very active. Stick around, post often and make yourself at home!

We have a Ladies Only forum that you may peruse and we are holding a get-together this coming Thursday at Millrace Park in Taylorsville at 6:00 pm. You can find more information about the meet here. We still need someone to bring paper towels and garbage bags :wink:

Hope to see your posts around!

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I didn't see, but it looks like you already found our Ladies Forum :D

You ought to get your husband to join us as well, we're always happy to welcome new members! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Its really good to meet you! Sounds like we have alot in common. For anniversary, birthday, mother's day, Valentines, and Christmas I received guns as well. I hope to see and meet you Thursday in Taylorsville.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I'll see what I can do about coming next Thursday with it being trap league night and all. :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Welcome this is a fun and informative place to be.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Welcome to our forum!! We're always happy to welcome lady members here. We need more of them to help civilize us some more... :crown:
Thanks for introducing yourself. That was a great introduction. :thumbsup:
Please invite your husband to join too. This is a great place with lots of knowledgeable people. We work hard to keep it a family-friendly place too.

Post often...

·
Registered
78 Posts
HELLO THERE. I look forward to hearing from you and your experiences. See you in the Ladies Only .. :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bienvenida! Howdy from Provostan. Any pointers on giving/receiving guns as gifts? I'm trying to work my wife into the hobby/sport without freaking her out... :shock:

Looking forward to foruming with ya!

--Geoff

·
Registered
402 Posts
Glad to have you. I am always happy to see more women take their personal defense personally.

My wife took the CC class but decided not to get her permit at the time. I will have to keep working on her.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
burninator said:
Bienvenida! Howdy from Provostan. Any pointers on giving/receiving guns as gifts? I'm trying to work my wife into the hobby/sport without freaking her out... :shock:

Looking forward to foruming with ya!

--Geoff
Thanks, Geoff! I would definitely start slow. Let her shoot a .22 a few times, and when she's comfortable with that, then let her shoot a 9mm or .38spl. It would probably help to have her go to 1 or 2 events with Women in the Outdoors (there's one more this year in Tooele, but they're usually in June/July) or other ladies-only shooting events (like the one being planned here). She might surprise you and enjoy it enough to want her own gun. Definitely let her choose her own gun when the time comes. I got to choose my Kahr, though I was pretty ignorant at the time so I relied heavily on my husband's advice/suggestions. I chose my Rossi. The shotgun was a complete surprise, but hubby did his homework and chose beautifully. At the time, I didn't know what on earth I would ever use a shotgun for, and now shotgunning is my primary poison. :D

Good luck, and thanks again for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome.....As long as you are a good guy. :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tarzan1888 said:
Welcome.....As long as you are not an old sorehead. :D
Sorehead? :huh:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!
My wife is warming up the the idea of carrying. She goes shooting with me all the time but not quite ready to carry so I'm glad to see more women joining the forum so she can see she won't be alone...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts