Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,180 Posts
As my father taught me one must always be alert. Alert to your surroundings, alert to what is happening in the area, and alert enough to be actively engaged in your survival. This means that though we may not want to think like a criminal, we may need to in order to have an idea of the lengths with which criminals will go to in order to accomplish their objectives. This means we must always be thinking, observing and discovering ways to outwit the criminal elements of society
so that we may live safer for ourselves and our families. This does not mean we must be paranoid, just well prepared. Sometimes just being alert or acting with confidence may be enough to thwart the mischevious minded, other times it may mean being proactive and assertive. Whatever may be going on in the criminal world it is just as important to the lawful to be prepared and to have a semblance of an idea what criminals could do, or may do in order for us to be able to survive.
Just my thoughts on the matter.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
Eukatae said:
The time and money lost protecting oneself will generally be greater than the loss incurred should the worst happen; provided you are not an idiot.
:dunno: Huh?

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but the worst that could happen is loss of life. I'd call that very costly. So is loss of limb or mobility. How about loss of peace of mind?

Training oneself to be alert and ready for self-defense, if done properly, brings greater quality of life not less. It builds confidence and peace of mind.
:agree: +1 to what Jeff has said. I think that this is one of the reasons all of us have decided to get our CFP's--so that the worst, hopefully, may never happen to us or our families. I like the Boy Scout Motto of "Be Prepared." You may never need the skill, or the weapon (and thank God if you don't), but it sure is good to know you have what you need, or the skill to get throuogh something when necessary.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
:agree:

Cinhil, where were you last Wednesday? Didn't see you at the meet... :cry:
Sorry Dave, I wanted to go but wasn't able. I was taking care of the wife after a day with the doctor. Hopefully I will be able to make the next meet. I would have enjoyed being there and associating with you'all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.