Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scouring the forums and haven't found an answer to a recent situation.

Here's the scenario; I recently got a ticket in another state that reciprocates our CWP. I unfortunately received a ticket from a game and fish officer for not having a temporary fishing license in his/her state. My question is: do we have to show our concealed permit to game and fish officers, national forest service officers?? I know I do for law enforcement, police, highway patrol.

Any thoughts or rules on this for out of state jurisdiction??

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
You would have to research the out of state laws, but in Utah you must declare your CFP status to any "peace officer" that has detained you. According to the Utah State Code, peace officer refers to police, sheriffs, department of wildlife resources (DWR). Basically anyone who is paid, full-time and is certified by the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) exam. I'm not sure if this applies to Federal employees, such as Forest Service or Park Rangers, but hopefully someone else here knows more than I do.

Of course, your best bet is to declare yourself to any "officer" that has the legal ability to fine/cite you while you are in their jurisdiction.

P.S. This subforum is designed for YOU to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you. Obviously we are happy to try to help with any questions you may have, but the intro post is probably not the best place to discuss it. Take a moment to tell us a bit about yourself and then start a new thread over in a more relevant subforum, thanks!

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
In another state, you have to follow that state's laws and rules. This includes their laws on notification, permissible use of deadly force, places carrying is prohibited, etc.

In Utah, the rule says you have to notify when stopped by a "peace officer". I haven't found a definition, but I think that would mean any law enforcement officer.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:welcome:

To better answer your question it would help to know, which state are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome..... :raisedbrow:

We are a bunch of good guys.

We have those who have answers and those who think they have answers. The trick is distinguishing between the two. :raisedbrow:

Tarzan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts