Utah Guns Forum banner

November UCC/OCDO combined meet and greet dinner....

10K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeff Johnson 
#1 ·
Where should we have the next meet and greet??
Golden Corral1266.67%
Red Robin15.56%
Garcias (great mexican)00.00%
Famous Daves BBQ527.78%

#2 ·
I want to start a new thread so that we can start to get things planned and ready for our next little get together. The response we are getting as a result of our first meeting is amazing, and we would like to continue on. I am hoping for double the people that we had at the first event, so come out and support our love of the 2A.

It looks like the next meet will be here in Layton. I am looking at the 17th, but not 100% set. I would like to know what you all think about having our next one at Golden Corral. I am thinking we can reserve the banquet room, and that will allow everyone to get up and move around a bit, making networking and socializing a little easier. Also, with all the walking to and from the buffet among mixed company, we might even get the chance to educate??? I haven't called them to make sure they would allow it, but I wanted to get a quick opinion first. B

***I would also like to know if there is any interest in maybe doing a lunch instead of a dinner? Might work better for people that have to travel to attend, and maybe those that want to can hit a range after? ***

#3 ·
#1 ) Famous Daves BBQ sounds good to me.

#2 )The Idea about moving around to further Educate people by Being at the Golden Corral (=OK Corral :lol: ) is a Greta Idea. The food at GC makes a number on my system :( .

#3 )Mexican is NOT my preference

This is My order of Preferences

#4 ·
I think golden corral would be a great idea. Specially the moving around part. We won't be up against a wall like at red robin. Even though it was great there, I like being able to move around. Tacomatose did you get my message.. check your private messages so I can talk to you on the phone about reservations at red robin.

#5 ·
I will continue to watch the votes up until Saturday, and then I am going to go ahead and confirm that the place of choice is willing to host our event, and then we will need to start planning and getting an idea of how many people will be in attendance. Thanks for all the opinions, I want to make this at least as beneficial as the last one (always looking to make a bigger splash;) Take Care, B

#7 ·
GeneticsDave said:
Perhaps we should list a few restaurants in a poll, that way people can select which place they would prefer (gives a nice visual).
Other than the one at the top of the page? I figured 4 places would be plenty for everyone to choose from. B

#11 ·
My wife and I will probably come if someone does the leg work of setting it up. We are always looking for an excuse to get a babysitter and go to dinner...even if it is 1 1/2 hour drive. :)

-PW

#12 ·
PW said:
My wife and I will probably come if someone does the leg work of setting it up. We are always looking for an excuse to get a babysitter and go to dinner...even if it is 1 1/2 hour drive. :)

-PW
Don't worry about the leg work, I will have the whole set up and all you need to do is show up and enjoy. It is looking like Golden Corral is the spot, so this weekend I will let them know our plans and confirm the use of the facilities. It already looks like we will have a huge turnout!!! I can't wait :twisted:

#13 ·
I will make sure I make the next dinner. So count me in +1.5

#14 ·
I need to know if you would rather do a dinner or a late lunch? A late lunch might work out better for those that have to travel to attend, and I would like to know your thoughts before I make the reservations this weekend. Please let me know your opinion. B

#15 ·
I will be coming from Happy valley, so any trip north of the point seems like a massive excursion :wink: Late lunch work fine for me, but I am game for dinner to.

#16 ·
PW said:

-PW
Don't worry, PW.

Jeff Drove from outside of Logan to Provo. I think he said over a 2 hour drive.

( for me to drive from logan to west valley city is and 1.25 hours at (not speed limit) to Provo 30-35 min at (not speed limit ).

It was worth ALL the fun Especially when I get People to see me Open Carry and they Remember the Article and I can further Educate them about Utah Gun Laws :wink:

#18 ·
PW said:

-PW
Not to say you don't want a babysitter, but if you can't find one our kids, at least our baby will be there. Our daughter would love to have someone to play with, she is 5 years old.

#19 ·
my son just hit the 6 week mark.

Any of you think it is tacky for him to have a mini cap gun and a holster to wear around to look like daddy at this age?? The wife seems to think that is going overboard.

#20 ·
xmirage2kx said:
my son just hit the 6 week mark.

Any of you think it is tacky for him to have a mini cap gun and a holster to wear around to look like daddy at this age?? The wife seems to think that is going overboard.
Absolutetly not! Post a pic if you can so I can show my wife that I'm not alone out there. :lol:

#21 ·
packingmama said:
PW said:

-PW
Not to say you don't want a babysitter, but if you can't find one our kids, at least our baby will be there. Our daughter would love to have someone to play with, she is 5 years old.
I have 3 boys. Ages 7, 4 (for another week), and 1. They are well behaved and pretty good kids, BUUUUTTTT my wife and would much rather leave them home. LOL. Dinner without the kids is sometimes our only escape!

-PW

#22 ·
I can't make it, but I still voted for the OK Coral. Famous Daves is great, but a little expencive for thise with young families.

Tarzan

#23 ·
PW said:
packingmama said:
PW said:

-PW
I have 3 boys. Ages 7, 4 (for another week), and 1. They are well behaved and pretty good kids, BUUUUTTTT my wife and would much rather leave them home. LOL. Dinner without the kids is sometimes our only escape!

-PW
IF you are LDS...have Relief Society do the baby-sittin' :lol:

Otherwise Grandma and Grandpa are good

#26 ·
Lucky Head Shot said:
As long as the event is on a Saturday I will be there. If we could do lunch I would love to get in some range time.
For now it looks like Saturday Nov 17th @ 6 Pm in Layton. PM Tacomatose and he will have the details. He is kinda in charge of it this time around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.