Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to be a CFP instructor and I know I need to get NRA certified. The info IM looking for is Who teaches class? Price of class? When class is given? If they have a website? basically all the info I can get to be NRA certified. Please help I have been looking for some kind of info for days.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Most of the information can be found here: http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/instructor.asp

In the SL County area I would highly recommend NRA Master Training Counselor srbeck for any instructor training courses.

NRA said:
To qualify as an NRA instructor, you must:

Possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training (such as completion of an NRA Basic Firearm Training Course) and/or previous shooting experience.
Successfully complete the appropriate NRA instructor examination. Certifiedâ€"90% or higher. Assistantâ€"85% or higher. Apprenticeâ€"85% or higher
Satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course for the area of specialization you wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Shotgun Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting your training.
Submit your application with appropriate certification fee. Membership in the National Rifle Association is strongly recommended.
Certified Ratings are available to individuals who wish to be fully qualified to conduct basic courses (21 years of age or older).

Assistant Ratings are available to individuals who wish to assist certified instructors in order to gain the knowledge and experience needed to become a certified instructor (18 years of age or older).

Apprentice Ratings are available to young people who wish to understudy a certified instructor in preparation for more advanced ratings. The apprentice instructor will be chosen by an NRA Certified Instructor from select individuals. These individuals must be of the emotional maturity necessary to handle such a position. In addition, they must have attended and successfully completed an NRA Basic Firearm Training Course in their chosen area of specialization (13-17 years of age).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your responsibilities as an NRA Certified Instructor will include:

Conducting NRA Basic Courses in accordance with policies and procedures outlined by NRA
Upholding the quality and integrity of national firearm safety and training standards established by NRA
Promoting firearm safety and the shooting sports
Reporting training data to NRA
Knowing how to shoot is an important requirement for NRA instructors, but you will also need to know how to teach others to shoot. NRA Instructor Training Courses help you develop the additional knowledge, skills and techniques needed to organize and teach courses in the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program.

Instructor training courses are conducted by NRA Training Counselors. Training Counselors are active and experienced instructors who have been appointed by NRA to train other (new) instructors. You may request a list of training counselors in your geographic area by contacting the NRA Training Department at 703-267-1430.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts