Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would get a SERPA but they don't have one for my gun, the Sig P239.

I know there is a Fobus holster for my gun, but I'm not sure about the quality.

I want a good retention holster for OC... too bad the SERPA won't work for me. :(

Thoughts?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well, i can say this: My bud has a Walther P22 and bought a Fobus holster for it. He HATES it so bad. There is no "release" mechanism. The instructions themselves say to "just give a quick 'Jerking' motion to release" Well, he has since lost the front sight to his P22 due to that 'jerking' motion.

FYI: While SERPA may not make a holster for your gun specifically, let me say this: I own a S&W SIGMA and SERPA certainly does not make a holster for me. But i bought the SERPA meant for the Glock 20/21 and it fit like a glove. ALSO, SERPA has a 2nd retention feature (Tightening a screw on the side, helps with the wiggle)... when i put my buds P22 in MY SERPA and then adjust the 2nd tensioner, its fits just fine. Yes, the SERPA looks to be a bit bulky for the Walther, but its in there and he couldn't grab it from me. :thumbsup:

So, to recap, my .02:

SERPA - Good
FOBUS - Bad
:lol3:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
ProtectedBy9mm said:
Well, i can say this: My bud has a Walther P22 and bought a Fobus holster for it. He HATES it so bad. There is no "release" mechanism. The instructions themselves say to "just give a quick 'Jerking' motion to release" Well, he has since lost the front sight to his P22 due to that 'jerking' motion.

FYI: While SERPA may not make a holster for your gun specifically, let me say this: I own a S&W SIGMA and SERPA certainly does not make a holster for me. But i bought the SERPA meant for the Glock 20/21 and it fit like a glove. ALSO, SERPA has a 2nd retention feature (Tightening a screw on the side, helps with the wiggle)... when i put my buds P22 in MY SERPA and then adjust the 2nd tensioner, its fits just fine. Yes, the SERPA looks to be a bit bulky for the Walther, but its in there and he couldn't grab it from me. :thumbsup:

So, to recap, my .02:

SERPA - Good
FOBUS - Bad
My .02 is this. Go to a store that has a good selection of holsters, like Smith&Edwards, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's, or Gallenson's and take your gun....unloaded...talk to the salesman so they know what you are doing and try your gun in holsters that look like they might fit. The salesman might even have some suggestions. I don't know about the other stores, but Gallenson's has a barrel of used holsters. One time when I was in Salt Lake, I went through that barrel and found a pancake holster for my 1911. I also found a Bianchi Triple Threat # 3 mag holder. It was designed for a Glock and not for my 1911, but I made some minor adjustments and it works just fine.

Good Luck;

Tarzan

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:
ProtectedBy9mm said:

So, to recap, my .02:

SERPA - Good
FOBUS - Bad
...Go to a store that has a good selection of holsters, like Smith&Edwards, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's, or Gallenson's...
So long as they don't throw you out first. :lol:
Even if they didn't can you REALLY be pulling your hand gun in and out of holsters in a public retail store? :nilly:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
ProtectedBy9mm said:
Tarzan1888 said:
...Go to a store that has a good selection of holsters, like Smith&Edwards, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's, or Gallenson's...
So long as they don't throw you out first. :lol:
Even if they didn't can you REALLY be pulling your hand gun in and out of holsters in a public retail store? :nilly:
What I did was go up to the clerk at the counter, then till him what you want to do. With his permission place you gun on the counter with the action open and then bring the holsters to you gun and try them. A second option if he does not want you gun on his counter is to have him bring out one from stock that is like yours and use that.

This summer when I was on vacation and passing through, on our way home from Yellowstone, with my family, we stopped at Smith and Edwards. My son in law wanted to buy a holster for his XD. He did not have it with him and they let him use one from stock to try with the holsters he was looking at to decide which one he wanted to buy.

Your mileage may very.

Tarzan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts