Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to visit a gravel pit in Utah yesterday. I took the opportunity to eat at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Costs Veda in Layton, while I was there.

I was wearing a sports coat and slacks. I got my food and sat right at the west entrance. It was warm so as I sat down, I took off my sports coat and hung it over the back of my chair.

I was wearing my .357 snubby in my Bianchi shoulder rig.

I had just started eating my Big Kahona sweet pork baritto, when 4 UHP officers walked in the west entrance, right past me.

There were two lady officers and two gentelman. When they got in line for their food, and as they got their eating supplies, I noticed them glancing in my direction.

They sat at the far side of the restaurant, but as I got up to leave and discarded my trash and put on my coat to leave, one of the male officers was watching me.

I left through the south entrance and smiled at the trooper who was watching me, as I left.

It was obvious that they saw me open carrying, as they came in, and they did keep tabs on my, while I ate and left, but they showed no sign of concern about my oppenly carried weapon.

Tarzan

I left through th

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had a similar experience at cafe rio right after shooting at dougs one night. Except there were about 15 officers and we walked in not knowing they were there (they parked at the back of the parking lot), I was a little suprised when I opened the door and saw them looking at me. They paid no attention to me after we got in line, I think the UHP is pretty respectful regarding cc and oc. They probably figured if I was doing something wrong I would have turned around and walk right back out.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Those are some good LEO encounters, to bad their all not that way.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ramiguy said:
I had a similar experience at cafe rio right after shooting at dougs one night. Except there were about 15 officers and we walked in not knowing they were there (they parked at the back of the parking lot), I was a little suprised when I opened the door and saw them looking at me. They paid no attention to me after we got in line, I think the UHP is pretty respectful regarding cc and oc. They probably figured if I was doing something wrong I would have turned around and walk right back out.
I thought the same thing. I guess the old addage that if you act like you know what you are doing, everyone will just think that you belong is still true.

Tarzan

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just posted a thread on the Boycott list about Costco's in Riverdale. But I know what you mean. I was OCing the other day getting gas when 2 Riverdale Motor Officers rode up to fill their tanks. Well, I had Gladys with me and of course, that started a bunch of staring and stuff. They both came up to my car, asked if they could pet her, looked at me and saw that I was carrying. Neither one of them said anything about my sidearm, they were mostly interested in the Goose. After a few mins, they finished filling up their bikes, said good-bye and drove off.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
goosemama said:
I just posted a thread on the Boycott list about Costco's in Riverdale. But I know what you mean. I was OCing the other day getting gas when 2 Riverdale Motor Officers rode up to fill their tanks. Well, I had Gladys with me and of course, that started a bunch of staring and stuff. They both came up to my car, asked if they could pet her, looked at me and saw that I was carrying. Neither one of them said anything about my sidearm, they were mostly interested in the Goose. After a few mins, they finished filling up their bikes, said good-bye and drove off.
I really need to meat you and that goose some day. :lol: :lol:

Tarzan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:

Tarzan
The correct spelling is "meet". The way you spelled it sounds like you want to cook the goose for dinner (no offense to the goose intended). :lolbang:

·
Registered
356 Posts
doconix said:
Tarzan1888 said:

Tarzan
The correct spelling is "meet". The way you spelled it sounds like you want to cook the goose for dinner (no offense to the goose intended). :lolbang:
You posted that just before me I was ROTFMAO so hard :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

TJ

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UTOC-45-44 said:
doconix said:
Tarzan1888 said:

Tarzan
You posted that just before me I was ROTFMAO so hard :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

TJ
All right you guys........I am sorry for typing the wrong word. I have hunted both ducks and geese in my time, but I would never hunt a pet.

I would like to blame it on something other than my own carlessness....but suffice it to say that I do know the difference in the two words.... :ack: :oops: :oops: :ack:

Tarzan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts