Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,579 Posts
76-10-505. Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street.
(1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm:
(a) in or on a vehicle;
(b) on any public street; or
(c) in a posted prohibited area.
(2) A violation of this section is a class B misdemeanor.
So, a person may not carry a loaded firearm, "UNLESS OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED BY LAW" -- with your CC permit, you HAVE BEEN AUTHORIZED BY LAW to carry a loaded firearm. Notice it doesn't say anything here about being concealed or not.

I also have noticed something new in this law that seems to corroborate the argument that I and a few others have been making in other threads. Notice item 1(c). To me, that reads that I may not carry a loaded firearm (in those places listed above, including "in a posted prohibited area"), "UNLESS OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED BY LAW". A CC holder, by my reading of this, is then entitled to carry a loaded weapon in those places listed above. So I guess the question is what is meant by "a posted prohibited area". Well, we know the gov't can't post such things except for certain specific areas delineated by law (which even a CC'er can't carry in those places)... however, since this law is stating that a CC'er *CAN* carry in those places, then this must be that "private property for public use" that we have been discussing in other threads.

????

· Registered
2,579 Posts
tapehoser said:
Mr. is right.
Interesting choice of addressing someone... I'm curious, what radio station do you listen to in the morning (if any)???

· Registered
2,579 Posts
HAHA! I thought so! I'm absolutely addicted to that station, I literally can't get enough some days. In fact, it was Chunga's brief mentions of his CC permit that got me into thinking about getting one; up to that point I had only been meaning to get a handgun for the home and for fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.