Utah Guns Forum banner

Where and when?

  • September 12,13,14

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • September 19,20,21

    Votes: 12 66.7%
  • September 26,27,28

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I prefer primitive camping

    Votes: 12 66.7%
  • I would like to stay in a campground

    Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the calender we are busy the first weekend in September but the rest of the month is open.

In the area I am looking at there is a shooting range with BLM land nearby. I am checking into local campgrounds but if we stay there I think open carry may be frowned upon and I wouldn't mind having the folks from OCDO join us. If you have some ideas on something less primitive than BLM land please post it or we may just have to live like the cowboys and indians. :lol2:

Google Link

This is a multiple selection poll so select any or all dates that work best for you. I have set it up to run for 30 days and allow re-voting in case your plans change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
The 14th is my Birthday. I told some of the ladies that if hubby doesn't keep his promise of going to the next meet then September's will be at my place. I don't mind a camping trip though as long as we have a cake and sing Happy Birthday to me! Also, if anyone is looking for birthday present ideas for me then check my wishlist under the "Guns I Want" thread here http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2817&p=29422#p29422

Hey, a girl can dream!
:lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
MarshallDodge said:
if we stay there I think open carry may be frowned upon and I wouldn't mind having the folks from OCDO join us
I don't think that's really an issue. There is the one ranger district near SLC that prohibits guns (against forest service policy), but outside of that one there shouldn't be a problem. USDA policy prohibits shooting within 150 yards of a campground, but simply carrying isn't a problem.

However, primitive camping has other advantages, including reduced (or no) fees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
swillden said:
However, primitive camping has other advantages, including reduced (or no) fees.
I am all for free camping, now only if I could figure out free gas to get there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xmirage2kx said:
Boy, making us Utah county folk drive into southern Canada for a camping trip…

As long as I have 4 weeks notice on the date I will be there
Sure, like last time where I had to drive to Mexico! :lol3: Start putting aside a little cash and some ammo for the event, I think you know it will be worth it. :D

Since I am fairly new to Utah, I am not familiar with the areas to camp and shoot but I figured this would be central to the folks in Cache county and Salt Lake areas. If anybody has any suggestions for a more central place between SLC and Ogden please post them.

One place I am looking at is North Fork Park: Link. It is run by Weber County so I don't think we would have any open carrying issues there. They have sites for groups and can accomodate RV's and tents. It did not say if they have electric but they do have flushing toilets and drinking water. It is $15 for individual sites but if we get enough people then a group site would be much cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
$30 per site :crying:
I would still be in, but I would perfer to spend that money on ammo :swat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xmirage2kx said:
$30 per site :crying:
I would still be in, but I would perfer to spend that money on ammo :swat:
I don't want to have to split up the group but there is BLM land about 15 mins up the road that you can camp on.

Some could pay and stay where there is running water and the others could stay on BLM land.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
MarshallDodge said:
xmirage2kx said:
$30 per site :crying:
I would still be in, but I would perfer to spend that money on ammo :swat:
I don't want to have to split up the group but there is BLM land about 15 mins up the road that you can camp on.

Some could pay and stay where there is running water and the others could stay on BLM land.
I will just go along with whatever the majority is like a good little sheep :crown:
As long as we can shoot I am good for anywhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
I have two planned for the scouts....but don't let that get in your way.

Tarzan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just giving this a bump so people can get in a vote.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Only the first weekend or the last two would work for us. Sarge wouldn't be there the last two, only the first which your not available! :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
We would love to go either the weekend of the 19th or the 26th. However, Kevin just brought up something I haven't seen posted. We'll need to be careful of the bow hunting season and make sure it hasn't started. Some hunters may not like us shooting our guns while they're trying to bow hunt.

And speaking of hunting, any of you guys going elk or deer hunting this year? The guys that Kevin usually went with are not longer available and he's starting to have withdrawls. Believe me, it's not a pretty sight. He already has his licenses for both, just no one to go with. Well, if anyone's interested, let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input goosemama. There is a public range up there in case we have conflicts with the elk hunters on BLM land.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
MarshallDodge said:
Thanks for the input goosemama. There is a public range up there in case we have conflicts with the elk hunters on BLM land.
Are you talking about the Weber Wildlife Federation Range? FYI, everyone that shoots there needs their own permit ($10 for an annual permit)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jrstorey2 said:
MarshallDodge said:
Thanks for the input goosemama. There is a public range up there in case we have conflicts with the elk hunters on BLM land.
Are you talking about the Weber Wildlife Federation Range? FYI, everyone that shoots there needs their own permit ($10 for an annual permit)
Yes. I am going to try to work something with WWF as a backup plan to shooting on BLM land to keep the cost to a minimum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anybody else?

Right now it looks like the 19,20,21 of September on BLM land.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
MarshallDodge said:
Anybody else?

Right now it looks like the 19,20,21 of September on BLM land.
Sounds good to me...

Going....Going....Gone

19-21 it is then :D
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top