Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we will be making our way up north for the next get-together. I was wondering if any of you know of gun stores ext. that carry surplus ammo for big commie guns.

I'm particularly looking for Czech. 7.62x54R 150gn. silver tip ammo. I'll also consider any other 150gn. ammo except for the Bulgarian stuff. the Bulgarian stuff at even 100M looks more like a shotgun pattern than a rifle fired group. :roll:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't know how far north you are going, but I LOVE Smith & Edwards! What's their slogan? "We have what you want, if we can find it," or something like that. I'd Czech there. Pun intended.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mr. Magnum said:
Since we will be making our way up north for the next get-together. I was wondering if any of you know of gun stores ext. that carry surplus ammo for big commie guns.

I'm particularly looking for Czech. 7.62x54R 150gn. silver tip ammo. I'll also consider any other 150gn. ammo except for the Bulgarian stuff. the Bulgarian stuff at even 100M looks more like a shotgun pattern than a rifle fired group. :roll:
I would check with Impact Guns and see what they have. They have 2 stores, one in slc and the other in Ogden. We might actually be heading to the Ogden store to shoot after the get together on the 17th. B

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The gun store situation up here in Cache Valley is TERRIBLE. There's pretty much no place that is good. You can always go to Al's if you like terrible service and VERY overpriced products.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
apollosmith said:
The gun store situation up here in Cache Valley is TERRIBLE. There's pretty much no place that is good. You can always go to Al's if you like terrible service and VERY overpriced products.
Now this is a man that speaks the TRUTH!

-PW

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'd thought about Impact guns because they also have a website. According to the website they're out of stock on every type of X54R ammo & even Russian PSOP optics which I was also looking for. :evil:

Then again they didn't have the particular optic I'm looking for listed so I'd already decided to order that from Tantal. It would be nice to find some decent light ball ammo somewhat locally so I can get right to sighting-in when the new scope arrives.

That's why I thought I'd pick the brains of those who frequent the stores up north to see what you may have seen lying around. Guess I'll just have to do some phone work during the week before the 17th. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts