Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
The Saiga rifles are just fine. As you already know, not as accurate as the M1 but incredibly tough & reliable and definitely accurate enough for hunting.

Also if your considering the M&P15, they are releasing one this year chambered for 5.45X39. If I had the money, I'd get one in a heartbeat when they hit the market.
Right now surplus 5.45X39 is selling real cheap.

· Registered
247 Posts
hedonistic said:
MikeTaco said:
I The problem you'll run into now is the fact that they're getting more and more rare since they're not being imported. (Again, this is the 2nd time Russian American Armory has done this)
I have not heard that they recently did this; when, whats up with it, is it another "retool"?

Are you using the tromix bolt on trigger guard? Do you do the welding yourself? Have any advice for a AK74 noob?

I really want a .308 as well and i'm still looking.
I just reused the original trigger guard on my shoty. No welding needed. If you can use a dremel tool, drill, screwdrivers & pliers you can tackle the conversion.

· Registered
247 Posts
Ordered the grip I wanted & a standard AK grip nut. Used a dremel cutting wheel to cut the square hole in the receiver. Then a file to smooth & form the corners.

PS. You can find links to some nicely detailed conversion instructions by going to the saiga12.com forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.