Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’m going to Downton Salt Lake soon to tour some offices tomorrow. My time in Salt Lake City has been pretty limited up to this point in my life and big cities in general.

What is the likelihood that I will run into a metal detector when I enter an office building in downtown salt lake? I’m traveling with a group and really cannot afford to have a problem with a metal detector. Any insight is super helpful. If there’s any chance that I might run into a security checkpoint, I can’t risk it, but I really just don’t have any experience in large cities like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I’m going to Downton Salt Lake soon to tour some offices tomorrow. Law firms to be specific. My time in Salt Lake City has been pretty limited up to this point in my life and big cities in general.

What is the likelihood that I will run into a metal detector when I enter an office building in downtown salt lake? I’m traveling with a group and really cannot afford to have a problem with a metal detector. Any insight is super helpful. If there’s any chance that I might run into a security checkpoint, I can’t risk it, but I really just don’t have any experience in large cities like that.
My advice is to keep a lookout for signs or other indicators for no firearms and if you come across one then maybe put your firearm in the car, or avoid that building if you can. Don’t really think they’re any other alternatives. Just keep your eyes peeled out, and pay attention to wherever you’re at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My advice is to keep a lookout for signs or other indicators for no firearms and if you come across one then maybe put your firearm in the car, or avoid that building if you can. Don’t really think they’re any other alternatives. Just keep your eyes peeled out, and pay attention to wherever you’re at.
Yeah normally that would be my game plan. Only problem is I’m going as a school sponsored event and am travelling on school-provided transportation. 9 times out of 10, I would say screw it and just go for it, but sometimes there’s no other option unless someone can tell me there’s a low likelihood of running into security checkpoints. I’ll most likely just carry my pepper spray and a tourniquet until I am able to figure out the lay of the land a little better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You never mentioned any of that. Good luck with that. Don’t even know why you posted then, and didn’t explain the details fully in the first place?
alright? I didn’t think any of that was relevant. My question was whether anyone could tell me what the likelihood of running into a metal detector was in downtown Salt Lake. I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping for someone who has lived and worked in downtown to be able to say “I’ve never run into a metal detector.”

I appreciate the advice my guy, you didn’t have to be a jerk because I didn’t give you details that weren’t relevant to the question. You answered a question that I didn’t ask, so not sure why you’re being all antagonistic about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
alright? I didn’t think any of that was relevant. My question was whether anyone could tell me what the likelihood of running into a metal detector was in downtown Salt Lake. I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping for someone who has lived and worked in downtown to be able to say “I’ve never run into a metal detector.”

I appreciate the advice my guy, you didn’t have to be a jerk because I didn’t give you details that weren’t relevant to the question. You answered a question that I didn’t ask, so not sure why you’re being all antagonistic about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty irrelevant when you tell me after the fact that your school won’t even allow you too carry anyway, and you say I’ll just carry pepper spray. I don’t support non 2A anything. Guess you’ll be just carrying your pepper spray. Good luck with that. Haha. Don’t forget the fuzzy pink cuffs either. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty irrelevant when you tell me after the fact that your school won’t even allow you too carry anyway, and you say I’ll just carry pepper spray. I don’t support non 2A anything. Guess you’ll be just carrying your pepper spray. Good luck with that. Haha. Don’t forget the fuzzy pink cuffs either. 🤦‍♂️
fair enough brother. Take care. Remember we’re on the same team.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don’t know how. I wouldn’t be going to a non 2A school. Pretty sure we’re on opposite teams.
I don’t believe for one second that you never go anywhere that doesn’t “allow” firearms. I’m doing more than you for the 2A by exercising my right regardless of the sign on the door.

how about you quit dividing the pro 2A community?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don’t believe for one second that you never go anywhere that doesn’t “allow” firearms. I’m doing more than you for the 2A by exercising my right regardless of the sign on the door.

how about you quit dividing the pro 2A community?
For somebody carrying you sure act like a child. Grab your balls and quit crying. And next time you post actually post a legit question. You asked about Salt Lake City carrying and never mentioned at all that your school won’t allow you to carry. Can’t believe you’re carrying anyway. You sound like a full blown retard. Don’t shoot your pecker off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For somebody carrying you sure act like a child. Grab your balls and quit crying. And next time you post actually post a legit question. You asked about Salt Lake City carrying and never mentioned at all that your school won’t allow you to carry. Can’t believe you’re carrying anyway. You sound like a full blown retard. Don’t shoot your pecker off.
you sound like a Fudd that doesn’t understand the 2A. Go carry your XD grip Zone in an uncle Mike’s holster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually carry a sig and Hk. Pretty sure you can’t afford those guns. And a combat veteran. What have you done with your life? Enjoy your non 2A school. They probably support Biden and Kamala too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts