Utah Guns Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
8,738 Posts
sculptingmyguns said:
I would have to agree with you that those who believe no regulation whatsoever is the only way, are maybe a little off their rocker. I love guns, but honestly, I don't think the average guy in society ought to be able to own a C-130 gunship.
The Heller decision clarified that, at least in the current court's opinion, "arms" refers to personal weapons -- those that can be carried. So gunships, tanks, howitzers, etc., are out.

· Registered
287 Posts
swillden said:
sculptingmyguns said:
I would have to agree with you that those who believe no regulation whatsoever is the only way, are maybe a little off their rocker. I love guns, but honestly, I don't think the average guy in society ought to be able to own a C-130 gunship.
The Heller decision clarified that, at least in the current court's opinion, "arms" refers to personal weapons -- those that can be carried. So gunships, tanks, howitzers, etc., are out.
Stinger missiles? TOWs? RPGs? I guess the idea is to regulate/restrict anything that could cause lots of damage in a short period of time, like an automatic weapon...or a Stinger missile...:shock:

--Geoff

· Registered
8,738 Posts
burninator said:
swillden said:
sculptingmyguns said:
Stinger missiles? TOWs? RPGs? I guess the idea is to regulate/restrict anything that could cause lots of damage in a short period of time, like an automatic weapon...or a Stinger missile...:shock:
The court's definition of "arms" would include stingers, TOWs, RPGs and automatic weapons. They did qualify it to say that, per the Miller decision, the 2A only protects weapons "in common use", and there is also the pre-Constitutional restriction, coming from old English Common Law, that governments are allowed to ban "unusual and dangerous weapons". So what does all that mean the 2A protects? It's gonna take more time and more court cases to flesh that out.

Another reason why it's very important that Obama NOT be our next president. We don't want him stacking the courts against us, because DC v Heller was just the beginning of decades of litigation that will fully establish exactly what the second amendment does and does not protect. McCain may not be very pro-gun, but at least he's not as rabidly anti as Obama (no matter what Obama says lately).

· Registered
1,090 Posts
swillden said:
Another reason why it's very important that Obama NOT be our next president. We don't want him stacking the courts against us, because DC v Heller was just the beginning of decades of litigation that will fully establish exactly what the second amendment does and does not protect. McCain may not be very pro-gun, but at least he's not as rabidly anti as Obama (no matter what Obama says lately).
Aman to that brother Shane Aman.

· Registered
428 Posts
wild cat mccane said:
Hi there,
Wild Cat McCane here. (grandfathers wrestling name. He held the world title weilter weight belt in 1933 until he moved into middle weight).

Born in Sandy, just graduated from the University of Utah, and own my own business in Sandy.

I am a fan of brotherhood. I was president of my fraternity at the U of U. And I enjoy the friendships found in gun forums, so I was excited to find one specifically about utah.

I am brand new to guns. Well, real ones anyways. That fraternity I was talking about? Best real life training ever. We played airsoft nearly everyday around the house. I kid you not, amazing skills are acquired when you are getting hurt by these little 6mm plastic balls. I used a Walther P99 replica, and can't wait to own a real one. Amazing ergonomics

I bought a PF9 kel tec and hated it. Couldn't hit anything, got worse results as I shot it.

So I bought a karh PM40. Dang thing is amazing. less kick then the 9mm, more accurate then imaginable. great gun.

Just trying to figure if I want to conceal for my business. I leave late at night in a grociery complex that is always closed down when I leave.

Thats me in a nutshell, hope to get to know some people around...I have a lot of questions.

Oh, and I am a full blown liberal. So, I will try to keep it interesting too. :) :nilly:
a democrat named McCane :ROFL: :ROFL: :lolbang: :lolbang: in sandy :lolbang: :lolbang: :lolbang: stop....

WELCOME - check in often this is a great forum.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.