Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,591 Posts
Sambolijah said:
...From what I read on KSL's web site, the bill was modified so that the weapon cannot be chambered, but still with a magazine, and can be placed in a glove box or other container.

I think that's fine, for now. A small concession and compromise that will be fixed down the road.

What say you?
I don't see that restriction.

Here is the original bill: S.B. 24 -- Weapons Amendments -- Madsen, M.

Here is the substitute bill: S.B. 24 Substitute -- Weapons Amendments -- Madsen, M.

I've compared the actual text of the two bills side by side. The substitute actually seems to clarify a couple small points, but not add any restrictions. In a few places, the term "property" was replaced by "real property", which I assume means land.

The substitute bill also modifies U.C.A. 76-10-501. Definitions. ( 18 ) in the following way:

Original:
( 18 )"Securely encased" means not readily accessible for immediate use, such as held in a gun rack, or in a closed case or container, whether or not locked, or in a trunk or other storage area of a motor vehicle, not including a glove box or console box.
Changed:
( 18 )"Securely encased" means not readily accessible for immediate use, such as held in a gun rack, or in a closed case or container, whether or not locked.
That's a good change. I think that the substitute bill is not watered down at all.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can read.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.