Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so disappointed in my far-distand cousins in Scotland. Once again they're showing that the fierce image of the manly kilt has been traded in for a miniskirt, black net stockings, high heels, and heavy makeup.

"... announced new laws banning the sale of swords and restricting the sale of knives."
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/print/news/5055868.shtml

I study swordfighting, so it caught everybody's eye.

Note that like the phony "assault weapon" and "sniper rifle" categories popular here, they have "non-domestic knife" categories.

The gun banners never go away. They just find new objects to blame on their every-escalating desire to perfect society by government decree.

Sick.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, sad to say the least.

This has been a common topic on the kilt board I hang-out at. All of that boards UK members are totally confused as to all the new knife regulations.

Some have had the blades cut off of their Sgian dubh's or started carrying false ones. They are afraid of getting in trouble for carrying the traditional black knife in their socks when wearing their kilts.

Some have even considered turning them in under the knife amnesty that's going on now. That idea just makes me sick considering some of them carry heirlooms that have been passed down for generations.

Don't fret to much though BP. Although the Scots have allowed themselves to be neutered, you might be surprised at how many of their descendants here (and many without a connection) are keeping those traditions alive. The only place I don't wear my kilts is at work & I always wear the knife with my kilts. No false blades here, mine is high quality Damascus steel & kept razor sharp because I use it just like any other utility or pocket knife. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have carried a pocket knife all my life. I feel naked with out it. I also use it every day for one purpose or another. It runs in my family, I don't remember a time when my Dad was with out a pocket knife. I poor pitty the kids these days, with all the restrictions on knifes in school. Many kids in my day had a pocket knife with them all the time, and no one was stabbed or assualted. It was part of being a Utahan.
It's just another example of taking away law abiding citizens right to protect their selves, and the criminal will always be armed and dangerous.

Hey Hey! Stay safe out there!

Scallywag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts