Utah Guns Forum banner

SHOOTING IN OMAHA MALL

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeff Johnson 
This is a terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their devastated loved ones.

It is a dangerous world. These types of shootings will continue as long as morality, respect and personal responsibility are under continuous attack by an increasingly narcissistic society, including the attacks on the most fundamental building block of society ... the family.

I watched the news about this shooter. They were discussing how he was removed from his home by the state and bounced around from foster home to foster home for years.

I believe that being prepared at all times to defend yourself and your loved ones is critical, but not enough. We need to try to solve the social and moral ills of society which lead to these kinds of attacks, which used to be much rarer than they are today.

How to solve this problem is the hard part. I don't believe that government is well-suited to do this. Government isn't very good at anything except confiscating our income. Government will likely try to solve this by creating even more gun-free (victim-rich) zones, which will just increase the body count and frequency of attacks like these.

Somehow, we need to combine our voices in this long struggle to try to remind people of the noble cause of liberty bestowed upon us by the Founding Fathers of this great nation. They well understood that liberty and personal responsibility are inseparable. Remove the latter and the former will easily be taken with the consent of the people. :cry:

69Roadrunner said:
I haven't been to Trolley Square in some time, but I believe that a private business can prohibit CFP holders if a notice is posted. I believe that change was made in March 2003 and also includes private homes and churches if notice is posted or where verbally requested. I'm not sure how the business would go about enforcing the restriction, but I'm not inclined go through the expense of finding out.
69Roadrunner,
Please back up that claim with a reference to the actual Utah statute. You can do searches at:
Utah State Legislature - LivePublish Searchable Database

Also, check out this thread: Handy links to Utah and Federal gun laws online

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.