Utah Guns Forum banner

SHOOTING IN OMAHA MALL

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeff Johnson 
The alleged shooter, a 19-year-old man, left a suicide note stating, "I'm going out in style," a local news station reported. The man's vehicle was found in the parking lot.

Shoppers and employees ran screaming through the Westroads Mall and barricaded themselves in dressing rooms after hearing gunfire. The gunman was found dead on the third floor of the Von Maur store with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and his victims were discovered on the second and third floors, police said.

Witnesses said the gunman fired down on shoppers from a third-floor balcony of the Von Maur store.

Sgt. Teresa Negron said the gunman killed eight people, then apparently killed himself. His name was not immediately released, and authorities gave no motive for the attack and did not know whether he said anything during the rampage.

Police received a 911 call from someone inside the mall, and shots could be heard in the background, Negron said. By the time officers arrived six minutes later, the shooting was over, she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315342,00.html

Such a horrible, senseless tragety....

bane said:
Yes, I realize that gun-control advocates will argue this way. But I think the general public is smart enough that incidents like this will sway them towards our line of thinking.
Prohibitionists always use emotional rhetoric because logic and reason don't serve their cause. They'll use this tragedy to renew emotional cries for AW and magazine capacity infringements. They won't consider that if this nimrod hadn't been able to steal this SKS (now the news says it was an AK47) from his step father, he might have wrapped himself with explosives and harmed even more people in his final act of stupidity.

We're praying for the innocent victims...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.