Utah Guns Forum banner

SHOOTING IN OMAHA MALL

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeff Johnson 
I just thought I would share this.

American Police Beat received an email this morning from Sgt. Baker of the Omaha Police Dept. Jeff was one of the first officers to respond to the shooting rampage at the Westroads Mall yesterday in Omaha, Nebraska. I thought I would share his comments with you.

Sgt. Jeff Baker, Sergeant
Omaha Police Dept.
December 6, 2007 10:42 am

I've been a cop for 20 years, but nothing could have prepared me for what I experienced yesterday afternoon when we were called to the Westroads Mall.

Myself and two of my officers were first to arrive at Von Maur. It was surreal.
Cordite hanging in the air.

Blood, bodies, and empties from the suspect's rifle everywhere you looked.

People frozen and cowering under displays and in fitting rooms.

Abandoned baby strollers, ladies' handbags, dropped cups of coffee and Christmas shopping bags littering the floor throughout the mall.

Alarms shrieking from speakers in the ceiling, "Emergency! Depart the mall immediately!"

Christmas music playing in the background.

And all the while, you're searching, guns at the ready, certain the bad guy is going to pop up from a clothing rack and kill one of you before your buddies can react and fight back.

Scan, drive forward a short distance with your fire team, pray. Repeat.

I will write more when I have time, but for now I'm back to work after about three hours of broken sleep. Please pray for the victims and the ever-widening branch of family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and public safety personnel who will be forever impacted by this horrific event.

Cynthia Brown, Publisher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.