Utah Guns Forum banner

SHOOTING IN OMAHA MALL

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeff Johnson 
UtahCFP said:
Jeff Johnson said:
I guess somebody ought to point out to Dr. Lott that CPF holders *can* carry in Trolley Square.
I haven't been to Trolley Square in some time, but I believe that a private business can prohibit CFP holders if a notice is posted. I believe that change was made in March 2003 and also includes private homes and churches if notice is posted or where verbally requested. I'm not sure how the business would go about enforcing the restriction, but I'm not inclined go through the expense of finding out.

bane said:
69RR: Actually, Utah Law is pretty clear on CCW. You have a permit, you can LEGALLY carry anywhere you want (with the few exceptions in law such as mental institutions, courts, federal places, churches, and homes).

If a Utah business posts a "no Guns" sign and you CC anyways you are not breaking ANY law. You are breaking their POLICY. Now, however, if you are "made" while there and they ask you to leave and you refuse, they can and most likely will make a case for TRESPASS (which is not a weapons violation so your permit MIGHT not be revoked). However, in response to their trespass case, you also could make a pretty strong case of a violation of your civil Rights.

As you said, it would end up costing money... most likely a bunch. But that's ONLY if you are "made", asked to leave, and refuse. And up until such point you are NOT committing a crime. So, another TS occurs and you shoot the guy with your CC permit??? You haven't broken any laws, no reason you would get into any legal trouble.
Thanks for the clarification. Like you said, just don't make waves if made and asked to leave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.