Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum for this but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of any free or inexpensive shooting ranges around the Salt Lake City/Murray area? Or if there are any that have memberships?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
There a few ranges in Salt Lake. The Lee Kay center is on about 2100 South and 5600 West and last I heard, it cost $4. They are quite strict there but after reading some happenings there, I can understand. Doug's Shoot and Sports has a range in their basement but I heard it was kind of expensive as is Get Some Guns. Doug's is on Redwood about 4800 South and Get Some is on State about 6400 South by Sam's Club. Holladay Gun Club is on the east side of the valley. I don't know much more about them.

The one I frequent is up Parleys Canyon. It is the Hendrickson PMAA range. They have memberships for $100 a year or $5 per visit. Dave says he opens up about 11 am for members and about 2 pm for non-members. I think he is closed on Mondays. They are at the East Canyon exit.

FBMG says their range should open this fall.

ian

EDIT: The PMAA range is closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The back side (West Side) of Stansbury Island. Of course it will take you $20 in gas to drive out there.

Tarzan

·
Registered
21 Posts
setabkcin said:
I searched the forum for this but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of any free or inexpensive shooting ranges around the Salt Lake City/Murray area? Or if there are any that have memberships?
Get Some just opened a new store and indoor range on 6500 South State (or thereabouts), just south of Sam's Club.
Never been there, so can't speak to their inexpensiveness (or lack thereof).

I've only shot in Doug's on Redwood Road, got a fistfull of free range passes when I bought my Glock there,
and halfway to Wendover, the exit with the abandoned gas station on one side, Morton Salt plant on the other.
It takes about $50 bucks of Diesel to get out there though.

phox

·
Registered
35 Posts
My husband and I use Doug's a lot. We prefer it over Impact any day. The fee for the range at Doug's is $8.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:
The back side (West Side) of Stansbury Island. Of course it will take you $20 in gas to drive out there.
Tarzan
Is that opened back up? I tried to go out there a few years ago and it was gated and had no trespassing signs all over it. I heard the guy who had his cattle out there had a bunch of them stolen and butchered up. So he closed it down since he owned the south part of the island.
As a kid my family used to go and camp in one of the mine shafts on the island since it was always cold even in 100+ temps. If it's open again I've got to make some plans to get out there soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Lions Club range in Bountiful is open 7 days a week from 1000- sunset (or 8 PM ,whichever occurs first). They have a 25 yd. pistol range and
a 100 yd. covered rifle range with 11 firing pt. tables. Go up 400 N. to 1300 E. turn left and follow rd. to top. Call 298-0301 for info.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Ty said:
Tarzan1888 said:
Tarzan
Is that opened back up? I tried to go out there a few years ago and it was gated and had no trespassing signs all over it. I heard the guy who had his cattle out there had a bunch of them stolen and butchered up. So he closed it down since he owned the south part of the island.
As a kid my family used to go and camp in one of the mine shafts on the island since it was always cold even in 100+ temps. If it's open again I've got to make some plans to get out there soon.
I was there a year ago last June.

Tarzan

·
Registered
206 Posts
Get Some is definately a bit more expensive than some other places in the valley ($12 for pistols) but it is a nice, well lit range and the people have always been very friendly. I was just there last night and will be back there soon I'm sure.

If you want to shoot outdoor the Lion's range in Bountiful that is mentioned above is a nice place as well as the Wahsatch Range http://www.wahsatchshooters.com/Main.aspx on the Kaysville/Fruit Heights border.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts