Utah Guns Forum banner

SLC Man stops attempted car jacking...

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  UtahRSO 
#1 ·
A SLC man used his concealed handgun to stop a carjacking...
Here's the story:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=705091

Good comments, Clark!!

I love the anit's comment of how we are all going to hurt ourselves, like we don't know which end of the gun should point to the BG :shock:

#2 ·
What gets me is how the anti nuts always say things like the quoted nut said --- how this isn't "the norm."

If it isn't "the norm" and tragedy is the usual result, then where are the reports? The stories? The victims? The blood? The tragic photos of grieving relatives? The anti-gun newspaper editors would be all over these stories ...

... if they existsed.

It's a gruesome fantasy world they live in.

I can understand at the intellectual level how these people project their fears about themselves on other people, but on a real-life level? Not the kind of fearful life I want to lead.

#3 ·
I've got 2 dozen NRA magazines where the first page is FULL of stories about folks who have successfully defended themselves with their weapons.

This is nothing new. I HATE that KSL even included comments from the anti's in this story.

GRRRRRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

#4 ·
Good outcome. I particularly liked the comment in the second paragraph:
... It's probably fair to say he'll think twice before ever threatening to steal someone's car again.
That sums up the whole deterrent effect of an armed populace. This thug will have to second-guess himself every time he contemplates a robbery like this one.

Sounds like Mike Taylor did just fine. Good job!

As for this quote :
Maura Carabello: "My reaction in general, though, is we are lucky. We are lucky the permit holder is safe."
No, it's not luck. It's called preparation, but you can't expect a logical thought process from someone who fears guns and is against self-defense.

#5 ·
Some of the comments of the anti's on the KSL message board left me practically cross-eyed! If they can't get around the fact that the good guy used good judgment and only pulled his gun when his life was threatened... well... let's see... they'll just say there's no evidence it actually happened, and the good guy just made it up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.