Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this particular forum. I normally carry my Taurus Judge open on my hip. The reason I don't CC is that I haven't received my CWP yet. I should be getting it soon.
Happy to answer any questions, as I'm sure y'all are just as happy to answer mine.
BTW: yes, I am vegan and yes, I do carry a gun.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
:welcome: from Bountiful!

Your handle sounds familiar... are you on OpenCarry.org or XDTalk.com?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here and meet many new, wonderful people. Stick around and post often!

UPDATE: Gotcha! Found you over on OCDO... have you and your BF received your permits yet?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Welcome. Don't worry, around here, it really doesn't matter if you don't like meat, just as long as you like guns! :wink:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Right! Guns and democrats, guns and vegans, guns and _________ (insert something not normal for Utah here), we don't care! Guns are the common denominator.

So long as you don't vote for Barry Hussein Obama, AKA Gunhater :x ... :D

:welcome: to our little corner of teh interwebz. I myself hail from the Provostan/Springvillistan area, and have only been a member for a month or so. This is a great place to be.

--Geoff

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Welcome, Vegan! We're a strange flock... no reason we can't handle another odd-ball! :lol3:

Stick around...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
:welcome:

I guess I am not quite awake yet. The first thing I thought of when I read your welcome is why does anyone need such a gun to hunt carrots?

Way too early in the morning for me or just not enough caffeine yet.

ian

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
SLC-Vegan said:
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this particular forum. I normally carry my Taurus Judge open on my hip. The reason I don't CC is that I haven't received my CWP yet. I should be getting it soon.
Happy to answer any questions, as I'm sure y'all are just as happy to answer mine.
SLC-Vegan....Welcome to the forum.

I have enjoyed our conversations on OCDO and I am glad you found this forum too.

I travel to SLC often for work and so I belong her too. This is a good place filled with friendly helpful people and you will find that they are more than happy to assist you with any questions you have and will enjoy and be interested in what you think.

Again Welcome

Tarzan

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
ian husford said:
Way too early in the morning for me or just not enough caffeine yet.
I'm voting for the "not enough caffeine" option! :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Cache Valley.

I am trying to remember the last time I ate a vegetable. Hmmmm. None today so far. Better go get me a V8.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
That's OK, more beef for me! :lol3:

Welcome to you and your Judge. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mynewt-mitch said:
That's gotta be pretty rare...
Oh yea. Very rare. A vegan, recycling, environmentalist who carries a gun! Lol.
I have only met one other person who fits this spec and I'm dating him!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Lets see today for lunch I am having 2 oranges, an apple, a bottle of grape/cherry juice and a bottle of strawberry/kiwi juce.....Sometimes I replace the oranges with banana's

Does that count?........(I'm not telling you about the chicken fajitas I had for dinner last night.)

Tarzan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok...so not really related, but I had my kids at work with me on Tuesday...so instead of my can of soup or sandwich, I took them to Carl's JR. I couldn't resist the Six Dollar Burger (Chili cheese :D ) plus fries, drink, and a shake to share with the kids. While I was waiting for a couple of co-workers to get their orders, I read the "Nutrional" info by the front door....If your gonna eat like that, DON'T read the nutritional info.

I think my meal was about 2400 calories.

I can't imagine what I would look/feel like if I did that daily.

So I only get a salad today. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mynewt-mitch said:
I read the "Nutrional" info by the front door....If your gonna eat like that, DON'T read the nutritional info. :(
Yea. Whether or not you eat veg NEVER read the lack-of-nutrition info at fast food places. Every ounce of food at those places is processed to a ridiculous extent. All nutrients are gone replaced by preservatives, pesticides, and FAT. :ack:

Even so, remember that if you eat 2400 calories in one meal, just burn 2400 calories before your next meal. Run, bicycle, hike, or something. Lack of exercise combined with increased portions has made many US-Americans overweight. Even fatty meals can easily be used up through exercise.
People spend all day doing this :type: rather than this :nilly:

The bad part of a meal like that isn't necessarily the huge amount of calories, it is the lack of vitamins, minerals, etc. Veg or not, these are necessary. I might get more of them because I eat mainly fresh organic fruits and vegetables, but it's not hard to get them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome! This forum is great! Lots of well informed people posting politely. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.