Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the start of the week I broke one of the clips on my IWB and have had to switch to using my SmartCarry while I wait for a new clip to arrive in the mail. This is the first time I've really carried in my SmartCarry and am noticing that while the overall comfort is great, the velcro waistband rides up a bit in the back and irritates my back. Course I could tuck my t-shirt into it but then when it rides up it might be revealed.

Have any of you noticed a similar problem and if so what's your take on it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,791 Posts
Maybe if you tuck your shirt in everyone will just think you are wearing a jock strap. Noone is going to know what the goofy elastic thing is around your waist. If anyone asks tell them it is a back brace. LOL. :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Being one of the resident SmartCarry enthusiasts, I would recommend that you wear an undershirt. The band is supposed to rid higher in the back to support the firearm (this is especially true for slimmer folks).

If you tuck in your outer shirt (dress shirt) with day to day attire, tuck your undershirt into your boxers or briefs (eck!), then apply the Smart Carry over your undergarments. Put on your dress shirt and tuck the front flaps (about 6-8 inches on each side) behind the SmartCarry pockets. Leave the rest of your shirt untucked with the velcro and elastic belts under the dress shirt. Finally, don your pants and tuck the dress shirt into your slacks. This allows for easy access to the firearm with dress attire, having the firearms just below the pants but above the shirt.

If you have any other questions, I am happy to help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is that most days I go untucked. Yeah, I could do the jock-strap /back-brace thing but that's on par with wearing a fanny pack (sorry Tarzan!) :lol:

Today the pieces to fix my other rig arrived so I'm in the clear for now. I'm thinking maybe I should take my SC in somewhere and have a soft backing sewn to it for future use.

Other than this one thing the SC was MORE comfortable than my IWB, to be sure.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Sorry I didn't make myself clear, you could still go untucked, just wear an undershirt with the SC over the undershirt but underneath your untucked shirt.

Glad your new items arrived, my BlackHawk holsters arrive tomorrow :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GeneticsDave said:
Sorry I didn't make myself clear, you could still go untucked, just wear an undershirt with the SC over the undershirt but underneath your untucked shirt.
AH! So you, too, are promoting the "jock strap" look, eh??? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
quakey said:
How much does the smart carry usually run?
$50, plus shipping. You can order them from smartcarry.com. I really like mine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
bane said:
AH! So you, too, are promoting the "jock strap" look, eh??? :)
No way bane! I am saying let the velcro strap ride under your shirt but over your undershirt. I am doing it right now, nobody sees the strap and you don't have it rubbing your back raw - it's a real comfy way to go. Just try it... go ahead, stand up, pull your pants down, tuck in that undershirt, reapply the SmartCarry, pull your pants back up and then pull your overshirt back down - simple isn't it? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
it's a real comfy way to go. Just try it... go ahead, stand up, pull your pants down
I always get a tad nervous when some guy from the internet tells me to "Pull (my) pants down" and "just try it" in the same sentence.

:shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I like mine but i need a smaller gun or loser pants I wore it for 4 days 10 hour days sitting in class and had to transition to my IWB mid way thru day 4 . i was carrying a 5 inch 1911 and an extra 10 rnd single stack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
tap-rack-bang said:
... loser pants ...
From Dictionary.com:

Looser: relaxed; not fitting closely or tightly

Loser: a misfit, esp. somone who has never been successful at a job, personal relationship, etc.

I would recommend against wearing loser pants based on the definitions above. :shock: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
GeneticsDave said:
it's a real comfy way to go. Just try it... go ahead, stand up, pull your pants down
I always get a tad nervous when some guy from the internet tells me to "Pull (my) pants down" and "just try it" in the same sentence.

:shock:
I knew I was going to catch heat from someone about that comment. Good thing I put "Just try it" BEFORE "pull your pants down". Some people out there sure do have dirty minds :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
tap-rack-bang said:
i was carrying a 5 inch
5 inches of hard, blue steel in one's pants for 4 days is bound to make anyone uncomfortable, perhaps you should see a doctor about that... extended periods of priapism is a serious matter. :shock:

Jeff, or any other moderator: Should you find this post offensive or not conducive to the family-friendly rule, please feel free to delete it - sorry in advance. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
tap-rack-bang said:
i was carrying a 5 inch
5 inches of hard, blue steel in one's pants for 4 days is bound to make anyone uncomfortable, perhaps you should see a doctor about that... extended periods of priapism is a serious matter. :shock:

Jeff, or any other moderator: Should you find this post offensive or not conducive to the family-friendly rule, please feel free to delete it - sorry in advance. :oops:
ROTFLMAO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GeneticsDave said:
bane said:
AH! So you, too, are promoting the "jock strap" look, eh??? :)
No way bane! I am saying let the velcro strap ride under your shirt but over your undershirt. I am doing it right now, nobody sees the strap and you don't have it rubbing your back raw - it's a real comfy way to go. Just try it... go ahead, stand up, pull your pants down, tuck in that undershirt, reapply the SmartCarry, pull your pants back up and then pull your overshirt back down - simple isn't it? :lol:
At least we got some comedic replies from this one! :lol:

Any ways, I was referring to the "jock strap look" IF you bend over to get something and your shirt rides up or IF getting up out of your chair you don't realize and your shirt has rode up. Not much of a problem this time of year cuz I usually keep my jacket on. But summer might be another issue...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
bane said:
Any ways, I was referring to the "jock strap look" IF you bend over to get something and your shirt rides up or IF getting up out of your chair you don't realize and your shirt has rode up. Not much of a problem this time of year cuz I usually keep my jacket on. But summer might be another issue...
I haven't had any issues with it, but that's me. I guess it's been somewhat of a non-issue. I wear undershirts and have the white SC, blends right in. I think it was brought up by a friend that knew I carried and used a SC, I just joked back to him that it was a 'back brace'.

Anyways, SC is a good way to go for many situations, but, people are different... some like/love it and others don't. I hope the undershirt thing helps with any discomfort you were having.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top