Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I went to Tandy Leather for the first time. The day before, while speaking to the manager by phone, she said, "We welcome all lawful gun owners and we are concealed carry holders ourselves." We had a pleasant conversation and the next day was a pleasant experience. In fact, they welcome you to responsibly use your weapon in getting measurements for homemade holsters. They were a pleasant and refreshing place to visit and quite helpful once I got there.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It was my understanding they only manufacture leather-making products but don't actually make a finished product like a custom holster... as that not true???

·
Registered
378 Posts
bane said:
It was my understanding they only manufacture leather-making products but don't actually make a finished product like a custom holster... as that not true???
That is correct.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They told me they have many people come in with their guns so they can get appropriate measurements for, and good quality leather to make their own holsters and belts. Makes sense to me, I am even considering it myself as I need a good leather holster and belt for a 5 1/4" Tanarmi Buffalo Scout .22 I own.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Cinhil said:
Recently I went to Tandy Leather for the first time. The day before, while speaking to the manager by phone, she said, "We welcome all lawful gun owners and we are concealed carry holders ourselves." We had a pleasant conversation and the next day was a pleasant experience. In fact, they welcome you to responsibly use your weapon in getting measurements for homemade holsters. They were a pleasant and refreshing place to visit and quite helpful once I got there.
Which TandyLeather did you go to ??
I OC all the time to the one in WVC at 41st & Rewood myself

They are very nice and friendly

TJ

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the one on 1107 South State Street.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Cinhil said:
I went to the one on 1107 South State Street.
That is the one I go too. Great bunch of people there, and helpful.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I've shopped there for over 30 years. Great company. Maybe we should have a "Support this Business" topic area?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ruger Collector said:
I've shopped there for over 30 years. Great company. Maybe we should have a "Support this Business" topic area?
Not a bad idea, we should support business that support us.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:agree: We should have a support this business forum. If we can have one for boycotting we should be fair and give our business to those who support our God given rights. Another business I know of that supports the 2nd Amendment is Young Electric Sign Company.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Cinhil said:
:agree: We should have a support this business forum. If we can have one for boycotting we should be fair and give our business to those who support our God given rights. Another business I know of that supports the 2nd Amendment is Young Electric Sign Company.
:agree:

·
Registered
356 Posts
pedman said:
Cinhil said:

I think it would make it easier to know who is on the A+ list, I'll spend my money there first.

And the local Fox leather tannery is going under. :crying:

It's good to know I'm supported over at Tandy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts