Utah Guns Forum banner

teachers and guns

8K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  pricedo 
ammosargeant said:
First of all i think more public school teachers and university teachers should carry a concealed weapon. I dont think they should tell there students if they are carrying. My daughter told my wife that one of her teachers has a ccw which i am fine with but i dont think he should tell the kids. These are elementary age kids and most of them have no idea what that is but it could cause problems for this teacher from other parents. I know we can carry in a public school but what are the teachers union policies? Can a teacher or professor carry? Would they get fired if students or parents found out? What are some thoughts about this issue?
Here in Utah I once spoke with a teacher and she has a CFP. She said that she would be fine to carry in the High School , but the School just "suggests" NOT to carry due to liability.

TJ

pricedo said:
UTOC-45-44 said:
ammosargeant said:
First of all i think more public school teachers and university teachers should carry a concealed weapon. I dont think they should tell there students if they are carrying. My daughter told my wife that one of her teachers has a ccw which i am fine with but i dont think he should tell the kids. These are elementary age kids and most of them have no idea what that is but it could cause problems for this teacher from other parents. I know we can carry in a public school but what are the teachers union policies? Can a teacher or professor carry? Would they get fired if students or parents found out? What are some thoughts about this issue?
Here in Utah I once spoke with a teacher and she has a CFP. She said that she would be fine to carry in the High School , but the School just "suggests" NOT to carry due to liability.

TJ
She should carry in school & keep her options open (and her mouth shut about the concealed handgun).........I would hope that after a crazed nut case killed 1 or 2 of her students in front of her that her humanity would overpower the concern about civil liability and that she'd react to take out the shooter and save innocent lives.
I agree to what you are saying. I guess she is the one that will have to sleep with that decision. I mean, imagine if an unfortunate event would occur and a shooter would start spraying bullets around and killing kids and she knew that she COULD eliminate probable deaths.

If anybody got the knowledge of that the/a teacher had a CFPermit does anyone think that they could have been sued civilly cuz they could POTENTIALLY stopped the threat ?

TJ

aashooter said:
Agree with your points. Some are capable now and I wish they would carry. Some could be trained and be fine. Some don't have the skills, aren't interested in gaining the skill, and have no desire to have a gun . . . I trust their judgement, I don't want them to carry either.
Sounds like you are describing LEO's if you ask me :lolbang: :ROFL: :lol3: :lol2:

TJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.