1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
based on this article alone, I am not sure how it is a tragedy for the victim. I mean that not in the sense that his kid will be fatherless, but more in the context of his own actions led him to this fate. Its unfortunate for ALL parties involved, but not tragic for the victim.

It is nice to hear the "good" that comes from being armed. I know its NEVER good to need to use that firearm, but its nice to see people using them with good judgement.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
This looks like a good shoot to me. I don't see how it couldn't be - assuming the details are correct. If someone is on my porch with my stuff and points a gun at me, they are going to get shot if I'm reasonably able.

What's most tragic is that the Tennessee Expositor has hired a reporter with 3rd grade grammar skills to cover the police beat. That was seriously painful to read! :thumbdn: I gave up after the 6th "reportedly".

·
Registered
119 Posts
apollosmith said:
What's most tragic is that the Tennessee Expositor has hired a reporter with 3rd grade grammar skills to cover the police beat. That was seriously painful to read! :thumbdn: I gave up after the 6th "reportedly".
Did you really expect more out of it? We're talking about Tennessee. That was probably their best reporter.

I liked that the LEO pointed out that he had a permit and was on his own property. That he was perfectly legal to shoot and defend. Great story for legal and responsible gun owners.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Good story. BG got what he deserved.
Horrible to read and figure out what was going on. I had to reread several paragraphs multiple times to figure out who was talking about who.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
It really would have been a tragedy had the homeowner not been armed, able and willing to defend himself.
The way it turned out, the innocent homeowner is alive while the perpetrator is dead, no longer capable of burglarizing or assaulting anybody else.

This was a good outcome. It would have been a better outcome had the BG surrendered when confronted by the armed homeowner. He made a fatal mistake.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It just goes to show you that at any time you may be pushed to use deadly force to protect yourself. I'm sure when he woke up the last thing that he was thinking about was I may have to use my gun today.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I just hope the home owner is ok. It is a bad feeling to kill another human even in self defense. The BG's luck finally ran out. He should have giving up, instead of playing the fool, I do not feel sorry for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts