Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I just always laugh when I realize that Texas, the "Lone Star" Cowboy State, didn't allow carry of weapons until the 1990s, and still doesn't allow Open Carry... what the?!?! This is exactly the opposite of what I think when I imagine life in the "Lone Star" State.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Ya, and they immediately jumped to the "wild west argument". Sounds like a few people in that state (and ours) have not done their research about OC.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's funny how they always say it'll be like the wild west, but that never happens when gun control is loosened!!!

I actually heard that the crime rate was actually not as bad in the wild west as it is today in urban centers, like d.c. (I wish I had some data to back this up).

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The history channel was saying a lot of those killings didn't happen in the high noon style, in fact they only had one confirmed case of that. They happened over card games, money loss, etc.

I have yet to hear of people dying in a horse-by :D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I really hope Texas gets their Open carry RIGHT back. Another place for growing support of the Open carry movement, and it's just right for them to have it.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
I found it really odd that the article states that 10 states currently allow unlicensed open carry, and 12 states allow licensed open carry.

In fact, according to opencarry.org, there are 11, not 10 "gold star states", that guarantee unrestricted open carry, and 13, not 12, that allow licensed open carry.

Why in the world would the want to decrease each of those numbers by one?

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
thx997303 said:
To be true to their liberal media roots. Make it look not as good as it is.
It's tempting to think that, but it changes the appearance so little that it doesn't seem worth the effort. I think it's more likely that they can't count.

In any case, it's weird.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Agreed, of course I think them not being able to count would be seen with more disfavor now than blatant lying. :disgusted:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
This would make a huge difference for us.

Tarzan

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I hope they get their rights back as well.

I am disappointed in the gun owners and range owner that were against it. :roll:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
MarshallDodge said:
I hope they get their rights back as well.

I am disappointed in the gun owners and range owner that were against it. :roll:
I think the same thing happened to you guys in Utah some years back. As I remember it they were trying to change the law so that you could carry in a car with out a permit, but from what I heard it was the CC permit holders that shot it down. They figured they had to get a permit, and so everyone else should have to get one too.

Tarzan

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I don't get it, some people think that to CC is the only way and anything else is wrong. I don't get it.

Kind of a parallel between the anti gunners and CCers. Sometimes, and I'm only speaking of the extreme ones that say we shouldn't have a choice.

anti gunners want to force us to not have guns.

Extremist CCers want to force us to conceal.

All the while, us OCers just want to have guns and be able to carry them as we wish. We don't say, YOu have to get a gun.

Crazy world.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
thx997303 said:
I don't get it, some people think that to CC is the only way and anything else is wrong. I don't get it.

Kind of a parallel between the anti gunners and CCers. Sometimes, and I'm only speaking of the extreme ones that say we shouldn't have a choice.

anti gunners want to force us to not have guns.

Extremist CCers want to force us to conceal.

All the while, us OCers just want to have guns and be able to carry them as we wish. We don't say, YOu have to get a gun.

Crazy world.
THX I don't get it either, so my years have improved little on my knowledge.

I, for one, would rather concentrate on our similarities rather than our differences.

Its kind of like the guys who would vote for some one they hate and could never support, rather than someone that the are not fond of , but is OK, to punish the country as a whole.

Tarzan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts