Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
XD_EE said:
A few years ago, my mother was out with the dogs (two labs) on her usual morning walk. The path is a remote area due to where the home is. On the way back from her walk, one of the labs took off on a dead run ahead barking. She held the other lab back. Then she noticed that her first lab was confronting a coyote. Worried that the coyote would hurt the dog she quickly ran to the house (not very far from the incedent) and banged on the door for my father to get a gun. My father came out with his rifle and his 9mm berretta. By this point the dog was under control and the coyote had time to hide. My mother pointed out the previous location of the coyote at which time it poked its head out of the bushes about 100 yards away. The berretta was loaded and the rifle was not so my father quickly took aim and shot at the coyote. The coyote disappeared. He figured he scared it off or maybe injured it so he went to look. When he arrived where the coyote was, he discovered he had made the shot cleanly between the eyes of the coyote at 100 yards.

After this incident, my mother who previously would have nothing to do with guns, was very grateful that my father had his gun. He commented to my mother - "If you were glad that I had my gun to protect your dogs, don't you think you would be glad that I had my gun if I had to protect our daughter?". Since that time, my mother has learned to handle and shoot.

I have a picture of my dad with coyote if I can find it.
100 YARDS !?!?!?...........

100 YARDS ?!?!?!

with a BERETTA F92 PISTOL ????

100 yards = 3ft*100 = 900 ft

·
Registered
356 Posts
tapehoser said:
100 yards = 3ft*100 = 900 ft
????????????????? :? ????????????????

With 3 feet to every yard, that comes out to 300 feet in my math book. :D
And they say Guns and Alocohol don't mix. The exact thing I would say about Math and Alcohol :shock: :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.