Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Welcome Cassie! Pull up a keyboard and make yourself at home.

:welcome:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Cassie,

Welcome to the board! I just joined this week. I met a lot of these people at the BBQ we had this week and everyone was super nice and fun to talk to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We're glad you could make it to the bbq. It is nice to put a face withe the name.

Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Wow! There sure are a lot of ladies joining lately. I think it's awesome to have so many ladies in the group and carrying firearms for protection. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Cassie! :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hey Cassie, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Welcome Cassie!!!

This is just an idea of course but I wonder if you women might not be instrumental in starting a volunteer effort to offer self-defense-awareness classes to other women in our community. Like an occasional free class offered to women at our various public colleges to teach them statistics regarding things like their likeliness successfully prevent rape and injury if they are armed and then explaining to them the various ways they can be properly trained and armed???

If this sounds like something of interest, I can provide you ladies with some initial research I did last semester to sort of get you started.

If not, sorry if I "volunteered" anyone... I just think it's something that women aren't taught that is actually easily demonstrable with solid research but gets pushed "under the covers" and women are made to think they SHOULD BE defenseless -- that by being armed they are somehow part of the problem. It's sad. (and it seems women teaching women these things would be more effective than a group of computer-nerd, gun-totin' crusty old men).

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
@Bane: Who you callin' crusty!?!?

Welcome to the forum - though you're not really new - most of us know you and your hubby quite well. Since he's going to be gone in a bit, please feel free to call on us for anything you might need - we're happy to help.

Stick around, post often and most of all... make yourself at home :D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Cassie,

WELCOME! I am sorry we didn't get to chat more at the BBQ, there we so many people. Thanks for letting hold your little one, she is darling. You must be proud. :crown:

GeneticsDave said:
Since he's going to be gone in a bit, please feel free to call on us for anything you might need - we're happy to help.
Is your husband going to be deployed? Please let us know if you need anything.

TriciaDodge

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's always great to have another lady joining us! Don't forget to visit our Ladies Forum!

@Bane-let's chat...I'd be interested in helping women defend themselves. PM me.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yeah, it is, but she will (hopefully) be moving to Texas with me soon enough.

It's got me worried a little though.

Thanks for offering to help her. I think she's going to need it,

·
Registered
295 Posts
A big HOWDY from Provostan. Sorry to hear that THX is going out of town, although I am very thankful for it at the same time. I'll take this opportunity to give any mil types on here a big shout out: THANKS for your service! <salute>

:tank:

Make yourself at home, Cassie!

--Geoff

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome Cassie!
About self defense, I took a course called RAD Women which stands for Rape, Aggression, Defense. It was an awesome course, I really learned alot. I will post more about it on the women's forumn. meanwhile here is a site you can refer to!

http://www.rad-systems.com/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts