Utah Guns Forum banner

Today At Impact

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  aashooter 
#1 ·
Went over to shoot at Impact this morning. When I got there, I signed in and then went over to the table to put my glasses/ear's on. There was a guy standing there, and sez to me that this is her first time shooting. There were two people inside shooting at a lane. So I said cool, what is she shooting I asked, he sez a Springfield XD 45. I said I also had a Springfield XD, but a 9mm. He sez something to the effect that it was crap. I said that depends on the ammo your using. So a few seconds pass by and again he sez it's crap. I asked him if he wanted to be shot by it, he sez no. I cannot stand people like this, they think they know everything about guns/ammo/stopping power. If it is crap, why would he not want to be shot then, lol

Then went over to Sportsman Warehouse to see if they had any of the ammo I was looking for. There was a guy at the counter buying a gun, looked like the one I wanted (S&W 327PD). It was not, but still very similar (6 shot), I told him the 327PD had 8 shots. He told me he only needed two to get the job done. So I told him I do not like people like him that are so confident that it would only take two shots to take the BG down. I also asked him if he was fearless, he said no.

#3 ·
I get frustrated with such people also. I carry 45acp but would never discourage or insult anyone because of their firearm or caliber selection. Any one who is willing to arm themselves with almost anything is a good guy in my book

As for the girl shooting the XD, I wish my wife would enjoy shooting my XD45 or 1911 but she prefers her revolvers.

#5 ·
I have heard a lot of bad things about the guys at Impact guns. Luckily I don't live anywhere close to there, and I've never had any reason to go there. Looks like I will never be going. I'm not a huge fan of the XD, just for the fact that it digs into my trigger finger when I shoot it. The trigger is a bit too square for me. But other than that, it's a great gun. It shoots very well. Has a nice smooth trigger. As for the 9mm (if that's what the guy at Impact was knocking) I really like the 9mm. Cheap ammo for target shooting, and if you get quality personal defense ammo, quite deadly. Strange that people think that it's a crappy caliber. I love it. I have other calibers, but I carry my 9mm the most often.

#6 ·
mqondo said:
I have heard a lot of bad things about the guys at Impact guns. Luckily I don't live anywhere close to there, and I've never had any reason to go there. Looks like I will never be going. I'm not a huge fan of the XD, just for the fact that it digs into my trigger finger when I shoot it. The trigger is a bit too square for me. But other than that, it's a great gun. It shoots very well. Has a nice smooth trigger. As for the 9mm (if that's what the guy at Impact was knocking) I really like the 9mm. Cheap ammo for target shooting, and if you get quality personal defense ammo, quite deadly. Strange that people think that it's a crappy caliber. I love it. I have other calibers, but I carry my 9mm the most often.
This was not an employee of Impact that said this, I get along very very well with people that work there. It was someone that was there probably with family members waiting outside of the range area.

#7 ·
I like my .45 but the only time I would tell someone their 9mm is crap is if I knew them and was giving them a hard time. There are too many people in this world who seem to find great need in putting other people down and wallowing in their own self glory. Sorry you had that experience.

#8 ·
Shaolin said:
FBMG Smithy said:
So what you're saying is that you had a crappy day...
Never said that, where did you see it?
Just sounded like you had a couple bad experiences with people today. No offence ment by it.

#9 ·
FBMG Smithy said:
Shaolin said:
FBMG Smithy said:
So what you're saying is that you had a crappy day...
Never said that, where did you see it?
Just sounded like you had a couple bad experiences with people today. No offence ment by it.
Yes, kinda bad experiences, but it was kinda funny also, it really meant nothing to me, just wanted to let people here know that there are these kind of people out there. No offence taken.

#10 ·
I love those type of folks. They keep humor in my life!!! I just had a tissle fit with a person on another forum with very similar results. The type of person who considers themselves a 'combat master', that 45 is the only caliber, and that there is only one way to teach, shoot, and use a gun. I've worked with all sorts of shooting capabilities, calibers, guns, etc. The fact that someone carries anything is +1 in my book.

Sure the 45 has great take down, but the 9mm is no slouch. Don't believe me, your welcome to go down range and see for yourself. :) Kidding of course. I'd be shy of getting hit with anything that goes boom. These type of people are annoying. I believe that all deserve respect, and that everyone is deservant of their own choices in firearm and caliber. I'm not sure why some feel they must bash or push around others because of their weapon of choice, etc. If a person wants another firearm or caliber, they'll ask, otherwise leave them alone. This is why I always try to go to my range during the times when very few people are around. I get tired of people standing over my shoulder trying to show me how to shoot or what gun I should have, etc. "Ahh you know that little 9mm really is not going to do anything in a fight, you really need to have a .45". BACK SEAT SHOOTERS. ;) I should start going around and telling them that if they really wanted some take down power they ought to invest in a .600 nitro express, anything else is just a bb gun right. ARGG. I just had similar experiences at the range so I can relate!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.