Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lurked here for a bit.

I found this at http://WWW.MMA.TV

I think it speaks the truth:
Is Trolling Really the Problem?

From: cycklops Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 3 hours ago
Ignore | Quote

Just from reading a few of the threads here it seems as if there are some problems. People interpret something to mean something else. The meaning is lost, or the humor is lost, and bam, people are angry and calling someone a troll.

It seems that the whole trolling-thing is a monster that snowballs. If there are disagreements with others they're called trolls. But are they? One 'troll' thread creates more 'troll' thread and soon everyone's a troll. This thread in point.

Can't we all just get along, and just have fun?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
There have been VERY few instances of trolls on this forum. Of course members have disagreements and different opinions. However we don't seem to have a problem with trolls. We intend to keep it that way.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
PW said:
There have been VERY few instances of trolls on this forum. Of course members have disagreements and different opinions. However we don't seem to have a problem with trolls. We intend to keep it that way.
I agree....I guess he must have been reading on some other forum..... :dunno: :dunno:

Tarzan

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I agree with PW regarding trolls on this forum.

Over at opencarry this topic came up recently while I was visiting for a few days and I reflected on this forum. I read Dave's post a while back on opencarry regarding trolls and thought it would be good to reference it here as well:

While some of us have certainly found disagreement with each other, I have seen very few (if any) instances of actual trolling on this site. I guess if the goal is for all of us to agree on everything, then most of us could be classified as trolls at one point or another. Fortunately I don't think that's the goal of the members of this forum.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
PW said:
True. I have been called a troll before by a certain member simply because I did not agree with his incorrect theory concerning police (he being a police officer) being able to do just about anything they want at any time. I called him on it and was bomblasted for being anti police, a troll etc. The only thing at issue was a difference of opinion. I was right, he was wrong and idn't like being called on it. If I remember correctly a moderator told him to cool his jets. That was a long time ago and I haven't had trouble with him in a while. Maybe this means the troll went away, or is still lurking ready to pounce when least expected.
We do have less rouble here with trollish behavior than I have seen on other sites and I think this is a good thing. It speaks well of us all, and of our civility.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I must say that this has got to be the best-behaved forum I have ever been a member of. And it's awesome.

--Geoff

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm not troll, I'm not a troll, Maybe I,m, no no I'm not a troll. :nilly:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
rdoggsilva said:
I'm not troll, I'm not a troll, Maybe I,m, no no I'm not a troll. :nilly:
:ROFL: :lolbang: :ROFL: :lolbang: :lol3: :ROFL:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
:ROFL: :lolbang: :lol3:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Mazellan said:
:shock: The resemblance is uncanny! :shock:
By Jove I think you've got something there....

Tarzan

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
We really don't have troll problems here. I'm glad of that.
We don't intend to have troll problems here. We'll see to that.

I've seen the problems trolling can cause on other forums.
Just so you know, we have a special UCC dungeon reserved for trolls.
The dungeon master has been pretty bored lately.
We've only tossed him one victim in the last year. That's fine by me.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
. . . We've only tossed him one victim in the last year. That's fine by me.
Are you looking for volunteers? :huh: :lol3:

Wait a minute. What happens in that there dungeon anyway?

ian

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Jeff Johnson said:
What are your qualifications? Are you a people person? :lol2:

What they do is rot there for the rest of eternity.
Nope, not a people person. I prefer sitting in my little caged office all alone so I can watch movies and get paid for it.

ian

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did I miss something? Where is this person's introduction?
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Queen Kat said:
Did I miss something? Where is this person's introduction?
:dunno:
I just moved this thread into Chit Chat. It probably should never have been in Introduce Yourself to begin with. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts