Utah Guns Forum banner

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit question

2132 Views 1 Reply 1 Participant Last post by  Anonymous
OK here is a question for those of you that are permit instructors. I just got off the phone with BCI to find out what I need to do to transfer my permit from Oregon to Utah. They suggested that I use my Oregon permit until it is no longer valid. However, by Oregon law I have to keep my CHL permit info valid. So if I move I have to notify them within 30 days of my new address. So I called my sheriffs office (in Oregon the sheriff issues permits) they said they will not swith my address to an out of state address. I can understand this to a point. I have been through tons of NRA certified clasees but BCI says I still would have to go through a Utah permit class. So I am trying to figure this out so that I can keep a valid permit at all times while I get it transferred over. Any suggestions?
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.