Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html

Here you will find most any thing you need to know about how to apply or renew your license. You will also find all the laws regarding where you can carry. This is a must read for CFP holders.

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
I'd like to recommend a book that I picked up at the gun show a few shows ago. It's Utah Gun Law II, by Attorney Mitch Vilos.

I read it when I first got it and now keep it right by my computer at home for quick and easy reference. It turns out that I open it quite often to look something up. Some of the Utah laws have changed since its publication, so I will cross-reference it with the Official Utah law online to make sure that I have the latest information. The book gives me the right section numbers, then I can quickly verify that information. Good stuff!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Doesn't it offend anyone else that to be compliant with the law, we have to get our CFP from the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification?

Doesn't it make sense that if I carry legally with a permit that I AM NOT a criminal!

·
Registered
289 Posts
rotten_newbie said:
Doesn't it offend anyone else that to be compliant with the law, we have to get our CFP from the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification?

Doesn't it make sense that if I carry legally with a permit that I AM NOT a criminal!
LOL! Would it placate your feel-bads if we had to get it from the sheriff of what-ever-county we lived in? The BCI does such a great job administering the program, who cares what their name is? Their biggest problem is that they are a victim of their own success, and people all over the U.S. want Utah non-resident permits. My mind's a blank about where I read it recently, but 58% of the permits they issue now are for non-residents. BCI is much slower in issuing permits lately because they're issuing many more permits, with the same staff, and an inadequate budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts