Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from carrying, BOTH OCing and CCing.

Certain events lately, has brought to my attention that there is nothing of any real value to protect anymore and therefore no reason to carry.

Stored away all my firearms today. Might even sell 'em.

Who knows...the future may be different.

I can't say that I will NOT be on here and follow along on updates. I will not close my account, but I may not be as active as I have been before.

I will probably not spend much of any time other than the odd peek-a-boo over on OCDO either.

Thanks to ALL y'all for everything. You all are Troopers.

TJ

·
Registered
507 Posts
UTOC-45-44 said:
from carrying, BOTH OCing and CCing.

Certain events lately, has brought to my attention that there is nothing of any real value to protect anymore and therefore no reason to carry.

Stored away all my firearms today. Might even sell 'em.

Who knows...the future may be different.

I can't say that I will NOT be on here and follow along on updates. I will not close my account, but I may not be as active as I have been before.

I will probably not spend much of any time other than the odd peek-a-boo over on OCDO either.

Thanks to ALL y'all for everything. You all are Troopers.

TJ
April Fools...?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I truly hope all is well, but from the sound of it you have had a tragic experience. If that's the case, God bless, and our hearts are with you.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
There are a bunch of us here that would sure like to know why you are making this decison. If you are comfortable explaining your reason, please tell. If you don't want to explain, we will all respect that also.

·
Registered
167 Posts
TJ,
If I am drawing the right conclusion from reading this hang in there.I think more than one of us has gone through this and no matter how bad it seems there is always a light and the end.I am really sorry this is happening and if there is anything I can do to help feel free to PM me. I mean that even if it is just for the need of someone too talk too. I would be happy to buy you lunch, let me know and don't give up on the guns and your hobby that you love. Good Luck, Cowboy

·
Registered
476 Posts
Say it ain't so bro?!

Seriously if there is anything any of us can do to help just holler.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is it because you've had too many negative LEO encounters, and it just seems like they'll never end? The police finally starting to convince you that they'll always be there to harass you?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eddified said:
Is it because you've had too many negative LEO encounters, and it just seems like they'll never end? The police finally starting to convince you that they'll always be there to harass you?
Cowboy read between the lines very well

TJ,
If I am drawing the right conclusion from reading this hang in there.I think more than one of us has gone through this and no matter how bad it seems there is always a light and the end
TJ

·
Registered
198 Posts
Man, sorry to hear. Life can really throw you some curves sometimes, but nothing we can't handle.

You never know when a sucker punch comes out of nowhere and knocks the wind out of you and drops you to your knees, It has happened to me a couple of times.

A friend of mine went through a divorce a few years ago and while talking to him I was expressing my sorrow for what he had to go through, he said, "Wather, sometimes the thing that seems to be the worst thing in your life at the time turns out to be the best, I was married for 30 year and now I am re-married and happier than I have ever been"

Just a different perspective.

Good luck and stick with us. Sounds like you have a lot of people here who care.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
TJ,
If this is over OCing, for the love of the 2A don't stop Concealed Carry at least. If it is about the hassles, at least keep concealed carrying and keep pushing the OC issues without actually oc'ing. We can't loose good guys like you!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cowboy said:
TJ,
If I am drawing the right conclusion from reading this hang in there. I think more than one of us has gone through this and no matter how bad it seems there is always a light and the end. I am really sorry this is happening and if there is anything I can do to help feel free to PM me. I mean that even if it is just for the need of someone too talk too. I would be happy to buy you lunch, let me know and don't give up on the guns and your hobby that you love. Good Luck, Cowboy
Dittio....

I read between them too.... trust me from my past personal experiences don’t give up the other things too, take a break for a minute but just keep a forward momentum it will pan out well, it always does. You definitely have all of us and were willing to go the extra mile for you, like you've done for us.

You have probably been one of the largest inspirations for the UT 2A/gun carry movement, not to mention some people in the rest of the country.
You definitely helped me get a positive and full legal understanding of my rights, weather you think it or not you have a lot of weight around here and you are always welcome.

I hope your still coming to the July meet :party: on the 17th so I can finally formally meet you.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
TJ,

I don't think you realize what sort of "light" you've been to so many people -- I don't know you very well, have only seen you in person once, and never met you, but I only have a positive image of you (not neutral, POSITIVE). Whatever you are going through (I'm trying hard to not presume), I certainly can't pretend to understand it from my position -- your self-provided advice to put up your guns, for now, is probably excellent advice. But why not just put them away for a while... no need to sell them, just leave them be until you find your balance in life and maybe decide that life isn't as bad as maybe right now you think it is. Just take a break, you probably deserve and need it.

But don't stop being TJ.

You've got many admirers, you've made many impressions. Life isn't about particular individual situations in time or about particular individual people -- life is an EXPERIENCE, not a goal. And because of that, *YOU* make the experience valuable (or not) depending on you. One day, perhaps sooner than later, you will come out of whatever it is you are in right now and your life will start all over, almost like a new life. And you will wonder what you were thinking today. And you will be TJ again. And you will again give people around you someone to admire.

Just take a break -- and I sincerely hope to see you being you once again (hopefully sooner than later).

If you need anything, I'm in your neck of the woods -- I've PM'ed you my email and phone #, let me know what I can help with even if it's just a friendly drink to relax, chat, and forget about whatever ails you.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
bane said:
I don't think you realize what sort of "light" you've been to so many people
+1

TJ, even if it seems to you that you don't have much worth protecting, there are lots of people on OCDO and UCC that disagree. You've inspired many, and WE think that you are absolutely worth protecting. Any life is priceless, but yours is worth more than most.

Stay safe, man. And let me join the chorus here -- if there's anything I can do, just let me know.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't mean this with ANY disrespect, but this situation kind of reminds me of the main character, "Jack Kelly" (played by Christian Bale) of the movie Newsies.

SPOILER WARNING BELOW. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE AND DON'T WANT IT TO BE SPOILED, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.

In the movie, Jack Kelly is the leader of the newsboy's strike against the newspaper companies. Near the end of the movie, the "bad guys" who work at the newspaper company (in cahoots with the owner of the paper) buy him out. They pay him more money than he could have ever DREAMED of earning in his lifetime, just to give up on the strike and start selling newspapers again. This surprises the other newsboys and they think that it means they might end up losing the strike. But right at the end of the movie, Jack Kelly gives up the riches and safety that the newspaper owner promised him, and runs back to continue leading the strike. In the end, Jack Kelly and the news boys win their power struggle against the newspaper companies.

I hope the OC movement, with TJ leading as he has, will continue to mimic this storyline. :)

I only mean this with all due respect.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to indicate that TJ had been "bought out". Just that something's changed his mind about something that is really important to him.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts