Utah Guns Forum banner

Went Shooting with member 'NotSoSimple'

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Strategic Tactical 
#1 ·
NotSoSimple and I met for a lunch break of shooting at the LeeKay Center this afternoon. From our discussions, NotSo was specifically looking for a compact gun to try out, including the XD. The guns I brought were a Beretta 9000S, a S&W can't-remember'the-model-name-with-a-very-stiff-trigger (both chambered for .40), an XD45 Compact and a Taurus Model 66 (357 Mag).

Beretta: After the $#@*&! thing failed to return to battery once, had 2 FTF's, and a stovepipe, we called it quits on that model. Piece o'......it's no wonder I don't carry that thing. But we'll save that commentary for later.

S&W: Super stiff (gotta be 8 lbs. if it's a hair) trigger, but performed well. Hard to hold on target when you're squeezing 8-9 lbs. of pressure on a handgun!

Taurus: A single FTF, but that was because the extractor rod had come a little loose. Gotta get some locktite on that thing. Flawless performance, other than that.

XD: Absolutely flawless performance.

My impression was that NotSo was most impressed with the XD, but I will let him share his impressions when he arrives later. We both longed to have a Glock next to the XD to alternate between the 2, but alas, I am not a Glock lover. Not a hater! Just not a lover of Glocks.

We probably went through anywhere from 100-150 rounds of ammo and had a great time making holes in paper.

NotSoSimple, great to meet you! Hope you can join us for one of our Open Carry lunches soon. Good luck on getting that permit!

See less See more
#2 ·
Twas a great day. A bit cold but shooting the XD made up for it.

So the Springfield Armory XD. I have heard of it but never gave it much thought. I was always raised in a 'Glock' environment so I was a bit closed minded by nature. Some small corner in my mind kind of thought the XD was alot of hype. Today I was proven wrong.

I still want to go down and shoot a Glock and XD side by side. However right now the XD is ahead in the race.

Thanks again for the shoot. I dont know what im going to do with 100 rounds of .40 with nothing to shoot it with :wink:

#4 ·
tapehoser said:
"But honey, I have all this ammo and nothing to shoot it with!"
But, Tapehoser, you had some .32 ACP ammo and nothing to shoot it with and it was given a good home. And I am still very grateful for it. :D

ian

#5 ·
NotSoSimple said:
Twas a great day. A bit cold but shooting the XD made up for it.

So the Springfield Armory XD. I have heard of it but never gave it much thought. I was always raised in a 'Glock' environment so I was a bit closed minded by nature. Some small corner in my mind kind of thought the XD was alot of hype. Today I was proven wrong.

I still want to go down and shoot a Glock and XD side by side. However right now the XD is ahead in the race.

Thanks again for the shoot. I dont know what im going to do with 100 rounds of .40 with nothing to shoot it with :wink:
You can ALWAYS donate it to me :wink: My S&W.40 is ALWAYS hungry :lol:

TJ

#6 ·
Just means you will have to buy a .40 now. Cant let it go to waste :wink:

#7 ·
See, you buy ammo when its a good price, even if you DON'T have a gun for it. Then you buy the gun later on.....GREAT way to convince the wife.....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.