Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife had her fingerprint card rejected by the FBI for her CFP. She received a notice that her permit will be revoked unless she resubmits her prints. The problem is, she has no prints. I know that seems weird, but she has almost completely smooth finger tips. On her original print card, she was told to use Cornhuskers lotion on her fingers for a week before taking the prints. Apparently, that didn't work. Has anyone ever had this happen, or hear of it happening?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
Just run over to BCI and have them do it on the machine. There is an FBI provision for missing digits, print ridges, and the like.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing on Monday she'll call. The notice just arrived.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I also have very difficult fingerprints. I ended up going to the local FBI office. They use a digital imaging system rather then ink. Seems to see the ridges rather then transfer the pattern. Anyway.

Call your local office and see if they can help you out. Much harder for them to reject it when their own guru's did them.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,658 Posts
I'm glad they will make sure they have good fingerprint records that they can compare against the lack of latent prints (not) left in case of a crime. :huh: :nilly:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,893 Posts
RustyShackleford said:
I'm glad they will make sure they have good fingerprint records that they can compare against the lack of latent prints (not) left in case of a crime. :huh: :nilly:
What! Wait! Hold it! Back the Truck up! Shut the Front gate! Hold that Door!

Are you suggesting that Bureaucrat NEED TO USE THINKING OR LOGIC IN THEIR DECISION MAKING PROCESS? :ROFL: :ROFL:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
ennis said:
My wife had her fingerprint card rejected by the FBI for her CFP. She received a notice that her permit will be revoked unless she resubmits her prints. The problem is, she has no prints. I know that seems weird, but she has almost completely smooth finger tips. On her original print card, she was told to use Cornhuskers lotion on her fingers for a week before taking the prints. Apparently, that didn't work. Has anyone ever had this happen, or hear of it happening?
There are a number of options. Your local "friendly" police department may be willing to do a set of prints (usually ~$15.00). Be sure you provide them with a copy of the letter/notice that you received, explaining the difficulty encountered in the first set of rejected prints.

Who originally printed her? Go to them, (if it was a local instructor) and ask them to redo the prints. As an instructor, I had one set of prints get rejected because of a coffee ring that had damaged the card(???). My policy is to offer any and all students "free printing" until the card gets accepted. I've only had to reprint this one case [btw, I don't drink coffee, so it wasn't me!!!].

Another option, if the local police won't do the prints, would be to look up any CCW or CFP instructors in your area and explain the problem. They will most likely cut you a "deal" on the printing. Good luck!

Last resort, check the "Yellow Pages" for your area and look up fingerprinting services. It might cost a little more, but its an option.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
RustyShackleford said:
I'm glad they will make sure they have good fingerprint records that they can compare against the lack of latent prints (not) left in case of a crime. :huh: :nilly:
The FBI print services in SLC only looks at them to verify that you are who you claimed to be on the application. If they don't have a set to compare them to and they don't match someone elses, they return the card to BCI to be kept in your file. BCI does the criminal check.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,738 Posts
hyrax said:
RustyShackleford said:
I'm glad they will make sure they have good fingerprint records that they can compare against the lack of latent prints (not) left in case of a crime. :huh: :nilly:
The FBI print services in SLC only looks at them to verify that you are who you claimed to be on the application. If they don't have a set to compare them to and they don't match someone elses, they return the card to BCI to be kept in your file. BCI does the criminal check.
My understanding was that the prints are not returned to BCI, that the FBI does their check, reports the results back to BCI and destroys the card. I think I got this information from the BCI training session, but I'm not sure.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
dewittdj said:
ennis said:
My wife had her fingerprint card rejected by the FBI for her CFP. She received a notice that her permit will be revoked unless she resubmits her prints. The problem is, she has no prints. I know that seems weird, but she has almost completely smooth finger tips. On her original print card, she was told to use Cornhuskers lotion on her fingers for a week before taking the prints. Apparently, that didn't work. Has anyone ever had this happen, or hear of it happening?
There are a number of options. Your local "friendly" police department may be willing to do a set of prints (usually ~$15.00). Be sure you provide them with a copy of the letter/notice that you received, explaining the difficulty encountered in the first set of rejected prints.

Who originally printed her? Go to them, (if it was a local instructor) and ask them to redo the prints. As an instructor, I had one set of prints get rejected because of a coffee ring that had damaged the card(???). My policy is to offer any and all students "free printing" until the card gets accepted. I've only had to reprint this one case [btw, I don't drink coffee, so it wasn't me!!!].

Another option, if the local police won't do the prints, would be to look up any CCW or CFP instructors in your area and explain the problem. They will most likely cut you a "deal" on the printing. Good luck!

Last resort, check the "Yellow Pages" for your area and look up fingerprinting services. It might cost a little more, but its an option.
Would it not make more sense to go to an agency that is an 'expert' and printing people rather then messing around with those that do it less often. I think the person in question is under a time restraint!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Snaggle said:
Would it not make more sense to go to an agency that is an 'expert' and printing people rather then messing around with those that do it less often. I think the person in question is under a time restraint!
Good point! BCI could do it, but they are out of state. They could travel to a Federal Building that has an FBI office and inquire there as well.
The time restraint exists, but gives the average person sufficient time to respond. If there is a time crunch, a call, email, or a letter sent prior to the deadline, explaining the reason(s) for the delay may get an extension. In any case, a solution needs to be found before the deadline expires.

Being from out of state, they should contact the BCI on Tuesday (Monday a Federal holiday?) and talk with them. Ask them if you could go to a local Live Scan site and have the prints delivered electronically.

Google "Live Scan" and the name of the state you are in, to locate Live Scan sites. If that proves not to be an option, then Google "fingerprinting specialists" and your locale to locate a specialist in your area that could assist in resolving this.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Car Knocker said:
Monday, January 3, appears to be neither a state or federal holiday.
Federal law (5 U.S.C. 6103) establishes the following public holidays for Federal employees. Please note that most Federal employees work on a Monday through Friday schedule. For these employees, when a holiday falls on a nonworkday -- Saturday or Sunday -- the holiday usually is observed on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday).

In this case with the following Friday being in the previous calendar year, the holiday should be observed on Monday. A 2011 federal holiday (01 Jan 2011) cannot be observed in 2010 (31 Dec 2010).

But, Googling "2011Federal Holidays" supports your statement, and goes contrary to the above as stated here:

January 1, 2011 (the legal public holiday for New Year's Day), falls on a Saturday. For most Federal employees, Friday, December 31, 2010, will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. (See 5 U.S.C. 6103(b).)

My bust... :oops: Try and call BCI on Monday.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,725 Posts
My wife doesn't have readable prints either. Just have her fingerprinted again (even if she doesn't print) and mail the card back. The FBI stops wasting your time after that. You don't have to go to BCI to do it... just get her printed again however is most convenient (my police stations will do it quickly) and mail the card back. The FBI still won't be able to get readable prints, but they don't hassle you after the second "bad" card. They just figure she doen'st have useable prints.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PW said:
My wife doesn't have readable prints either. Just have her fingerprinted again (even if she doesn't print) and mail the card back. The FBI stops wasting your time after that. You don't have to go to BCI to do it... just get her printed again however is most convenient (my police stations will do it quickly) and mail the card back. The FBI still won't be able to get readable prints, but they don't hassle you after the second "bad" card. They just figure she doen'st have useable prints.
Yup, That's exactly what the BCI said this morning when we called. Thanks
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
ennis said:
PW said:
My wife doesn't have readable prints either. Just have her fingerprinted again (even if she doesn't print) and mail the card back. The FBI stops wasting your time after that. You don't have to go to BCI to do it... just get her printed again however is most convenient (my police stations will do it quickly) and mail the card back. The FBI still won't be able to get readable prints, but they don't hassle you after the second "bad" card. They just figure she doesn't have usable prints.
Yup, That's exactly what the BCI said this morning when we called. Thanks
Thanks for the update! That's good information to know! :dancing:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Apparently This happens a lot. When I spoke to BCI, they knew exactly what I was talking about. Who knew :dunno:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top