Utah Guns Forum banner

Which weekend would you prefer?

  • June 14th and 15th

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • June 21st and 22nd

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • June 28th and 29th

    Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also please recommend placed that we can camp. It would be nice if the location would allow for shooting. Somebody suggested the west desert which I think is a good idea. I just am not familiar with anyplace out that way. We need your help...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, there is less interest in this trip than I thought there would be. Is there a reason for most people? Bad Dates, No Interest, Please let us know what's up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
I replied :super:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Thomas said:
Also please recommend placed that we can camp. It would be nice if the location would allow for shooting. Somebody suggested the west desert which I think is a good idea. I just am not familiar with anyplace out that way. We need your help...
There's a nice campground just east of lookout pass on the pony express trail (far enough west of five mile pass to be legal to shoot).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
I could do the 14-15 or 28-29. I just got back from a good place out west (Turn left 19miles from lehi roundabout at camp williams cemetery, turn right at Y (10 miles) go about 4-5 miles (depending on where you want to camp). no facilities, but great camping/shooting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xmirage2kx said:
I could do the 14-15 or 28-29. I just got back from a good place out west (Turn left 19miles from lehi roundabout at camp williams cemetery, turn right at Y (10 miles) go about 4-5 miles (depending on where you want to camp). no facilities, but great camping/shooting.
I will try to get out there in the next couple of weeks and check it out.

Thanks for the suggestion,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
if you want company on the drive let me know :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xmirage2kx said:
if you want company on the drive let me know :D
I will do that we can probably drive up there and take some pictures. ( I am huge into photography and huge in stature but that is a different topic :D )

I will post the pics once we are able to get out there. It may be a week from Saturday as I am taking my son on a Stake camp out this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,757 Posts
Thomas said:
I am huge into photography
Link? I'd love to see your pictures.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have been doing some looking around and I think I found a pretty good area. I was wondering if anyone has been to the Deep Creek Mountain area. You can look up the area on google maps by searching for the following

39 47' N 113 52' W

I think we may drive out there this weekend to scout for a good place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Thomas said:
So I have been doing some looking around and I think I found a pretty good area. I was wondering if anyone has been to the Deep Creek Mountain area. You can look up the area on google maps by searching for the following

39 47' N 113 52' W

I think we may drive out there this weekend to scout for a good place.
Thats quite a drive, but looks like it could be real good.

Where I was thinking is here: 40.042384,-112.153716 (Paste into google maps)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats quite a drive, but looks like it could be real good.

Where I was thinking is here: 40.042384,-112.153716 (Paste into google maps)
Looks good to me...

You available this weekend to take a drive out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
I will have to double check with the wife, but as far as I can tell I should be free. I gotta work from noon to 4 on either friday or saturday, but I can choose what day (by wednesday). What day is best for you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
xmirage2kx said:
I will have to double check with the wife, but as far as I can tell I should be free. I gotta work from noon to 4 on either friday or saturday, but I can choose what day (by wednesday). What day is best for you?
I work from 9A - 5:30P on Friday so it would have to be Saturday or Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
Thomas said:
xmirage2kx said:
I will have to double check with the wife, but as far as I can tell I should be free. I gotta work from noon to 4 on either friday or saturday, but I can choose what day (by wednesday). What day is best for you?
I work from 9A - 5:30P on Friday so it would have to be Saturday or Monday.
I can do saturday. I will PM you and we can set up the details
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
Thomas said:
xmirage2kx said:
I will have to double check with the wife, but as far as I can tell I should be free. I gotta work from noon to 4 on either friday or saturday, but I can choose what day (by wednesday). What day is best for you?
I work from 9A - 5:30P on Friday so it would have to be Saturday or Monday.
I can do saturday. I will PM you and we can set up the details
That's the same area I was thinking. I camped right up the road from there last summer. There are plenty of Geochaches in the area, and if anyone brings 4x4's or ATV'S it makes for a fun trip.

40.078022, -112.122930
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Saturday afternoon to Sunday, June 14-15 would be perfect for the wife and I! It would be fun to have a big BBQ dinner Sat night, maybe some twilight shooting and then a big shoot Sunday morning? (welcome, welcome, sabbath morning indeed!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top