Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You asked and we listened. We are having our WOMENS ONLY pistol Class on August 23, 2008. This class will be conducted at the students speed and will cover such topics as gripping the firearm, Proper sight alignment, reloads, proper trigger squeeze, holster selection, methods of carry and much more. This will be conducted in Salt Lake County Utah and will begin at 10:00 am. Each student will need a handgun, holster, 2 magazines/speed loaders, 200 rounds of ammunition, hearing and eye protection. We do have some rental pistols for the class that includes everything except the ammunition. Please contact us for more info on handgun rentals for our classes. Cost for this class is $55 with a $45 non-refundable deposit to reserve each student’s slot. More info will follow upon receipt of the student’s deposit. The UCC Discount for members of this great forum brings the price to $50. $5 off...... :D Contact us through our website at [email protected] for more info.

·
Registered
542 Posts
you never said what day... my girlfriend might like to come.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
August 23, 2008 is when this class will be. Last class we have about 15 women and it helps them to develop FEMALE friends to go shooting with.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If my wife weren't preggers, she'd be there. We'll have to keep an eye out for something similar next year. I think she'd really enjoy this :D

--Geoff

·
Registered
378 Posts
Darn. I wish I could come, but the kids have their first soccer games that morning and my husband will be off bow hunting. :( I have passed the information along to some other lady friends of mine, however, so hopefully some of them will be able to come. Thanks for setting this up! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Strategic Tactical said:
we will do this class again and will be sure to post it on here for you that can't make it. Its a lot of fun.
Excellent. As a rule, Friday or Saturday evenings work best for me as there are no soccer practices or games. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
burninator said:
If my wife weren't preggers, she'd be there. We'll have to keep an eye out for something similar next year. I think she'd really enjoy this :D

--Geoff
When I was preggers I went shooting! It was quite a site with my big belly but I had fun. Before I went I asked my doc if it was ok. He said the only concern he had was the recoil and as long as I shot nothing larger than a 9mm he gave the ok.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Queen Kat said:
When I was preggers I went shooting! It was quite a site with my big belly but I had fun. Before I went I asked my doc if it was ok. He said the only concern he had was the recoil and as long as I shot nothing larger than a 9mm he gave the ok.
Yeah, she's been shooting while preggers (only her second time), but we decided that our baby didn't need to participate in that kind of risky behavior. I didn't let her touch the ammo or anything (icky lead), and we actually went with a coworker of mine and his wife (preggers as well) and a good time was had by all, but we decided that we didn't want to risk anything. Just our personal feeling. Interesting that the recoil would be a problem. The shock must reverberate throughout the body. She's actually pretty bummed out about not going shooting for another few months, which makes me sad for her, and happy for me because she really does like shooting. I can't wait to get my boys all grown up and take 'em out and plinkin... :D

--Geoff

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've never heard of recoil being a concern. The only questionable concern I've heard of is the noise. From what I've researched, as long as you're at an outdoor range, the baby is protected enough from the noise that it shouldn't be a major concern. Of course, everyone has different feelings about it, and that's fine, too. You have to do what you think is best.

For me, personally, I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the lead as long as I washed my hands thoroughly when finished. But that's just me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts