Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
I watched the guy when they talked to him on KSL last night. The interesting part of this story is what the man said to the reporter: "I was so mad, that if I had caught up with [the burglar] I would have shot her." His comment did not sit well with me. If I caught a burglar in my house and was able to get rid of them through the fear of me or my gun, I would not chase them down OR shoot at them, once they left my property.

·
Registered
542 Posts
tapehoser said:
I watched the guy when they talked to him on KSL last night. The interesting part of this story is what the man said to the reporter: "I was so mad, that if I had caught up with [the burglar] I would have shot her." His comment did not sit well with me. If I caught a burglar in my house and was able to get rid of them through the fear of me or my gun, I would not chase them down OR shoot at them, once they left my property.
I agree with you on that. I thought the same thing, but also I might say something stupid to a reporter to with out thinking about it first. so I let it go.

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
I have to alter my statement after watching the video again. Dan Rascon was discussing what might have happened if this homeowner had caught the burglars IN THE HOUSE. He stated, "Had I seen her, I think there was no doubt; I was mad neough, I probably would have shot her."

That's a totally different statement than what I thought I heard last night. And the fact that he chased the burglars and CAUGHT the woman while in his underwear and carrying a shotgun is quite humorous.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can picture the scene like the one in the movie "Boogie Nights" where the two guys try to rob the druggie guy, and he comes out with a shotgun blasting away.

gf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts