Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you ladies are coming to the WVC get together on Thur? I would love to meet you in person...and maybe we could recruit a few more! :crown:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I will be there!!! Can't wait to meet the others I have not yet met. And see you again too Tricia and family. Will your boys be there? My family will be there.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be me plus three...we go as a package! :crown:

What kind of food are you bringing?

·
Registered
78 Posts
good morning, I thought this was so true that it is funny, ( In honor of the UCC event this week)

We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory
on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a "Real Man" will
do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

ROUTINE
1. THE WOMAN BUYS THE FOOD.
2. THE WOMAN MAKES THE SALAD, PREPARES THE VEGETABLES, AND MAKES DESSERT.
3. THE WOMAN PREPARES THE MEAT FOR COOKING, PLACES IT ON THE TRAY ALONG WITH
THE NECESSARY COOKING UTENSILS AND SAUCES, AN TAKES IT TO THE MAN WHO IS LOUNGING
BESIDE THE GRILL, BEER IN HAND.
4. THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

MORE ROUTINE..

5. THE WOMAN GOES INSIDE TO ORGANIZE THE PLATES AND CUTLERY.
6. THE WOMAN COMES OUT TO TELL THE MAN THAT THE MEAT IS BURNING. HE THANKS HER AND ASKS IF SHE WILL BRING ANOTHER BEER WHILE HE DEALS WITH THE SITUATION.

IMPORTANT AGAIN:

7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

MORE ROUTINE:

8. THE WOMAN PREPARES THE PLATES,SALAD,BREAD,UTENSILS, NAPKINS,SAUCES, AND BRINGS THEM TO THE TABLE.
9. AFTER EATING, THE WOMAN CLEARS THE TABLE AND DOES THE DISHES.

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

10. EVERYONE PRAISES THE MAN AND THANKS HIM FOR HIS COOKING EFFORTS.
11. THE MAN ASKS THE WOMAN HOW SHE ENJOYED "HER NIGHT OFF" AND, CONCLUDES THAT
THERE'S JUST NO PLEASING SOME WOMEN...

·
Registered
378 Posts
I will probably try to drop by after shooting my league, but if the park closes at 8, I wouldn't be able stay long. It would be just me. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
utahmomof4 said:
I will probably try to drop by after shooting my league,
WHAT? You're going to shoot your league? What did they do to deserve that? :shocked:

~~~Sorry, :oops: I just couldn't resist. I'm planning on coming with my DH and DD. I'm trying to convince my sister to come. She's 21 and I've been on her about getting her permit. She works late nights alone and I worry about her safety. She's open to the idea but is "scared of guns". We'll see what we can do to help her overcome her fear. I'm sure the Women's shoot would be a great way to start!

·
Registered
378 Posts
LOL. I practically live for league nights! When you homeschool 4 children under the age of 10, you'll take any bit of sanity you can get, and there's nothing more relaxing than blowing a few clay pigeons to smitherines. :lol3:

That would be great if your sister would join us for the women's shoot. It would probably be less intimidating for her that way.

·
Registered
389 Posts
TriciaDodge said:
It will be me plus three...we go as a package! :crown:

What kind of food are you bringing?
I will be bringing a big bowl of Guacamole and chips along with a few drinks (apple beer) a bought a case at costco. Kevin said what did you by that for? For Thursday night! oh!They tend to be a little slow sometimes. We still love them though. On OC they were talking about apple beer since they didn't think real beer would be appropriate with all the guns and possibly media.

·
Registered
389 Posts
gr8grandma, thanks for the barbecue etiquette that was hilarious! It is sooo true. Sarge does do a little more work than just standing there drinking beer and flipping. I have to tell him can you do this and that. I wonder sometimes if they would be truly capable without us and how they use to survive.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I love this that I can say anything and my hubby can't reply. Sarge is really good with helping out and doing things just sometimes I have to ask. They just don't know or understand or look at things the way we do!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts