Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
GeneticsDave, maybe we need to have your SN changed to GeneticsDave45. :lolbang: :lolbang:

On a more Xd vs Glock note:

What makes many people love XD's is the reason I do not like them... all the :spam: -ing safeties. I figure next years model will come with fingerprint recognition and maybe a 16 digit code you have to enter before you can fire the gun too. Oh I got an Idea, a card swipe to read your CCW permit and maybe even a WiFi connection to verify your background check... Oh oh oh while we are at it add a breathalyzer test like they have in cars and a legal disclaimer notice you have to read and agree to before being able to take each shot. Finally lets have it call 911 auotmatically when it is pulled from a holster so police and medics are dispatched.
Short of the 08' addition, all XD safeties are bypassed with proper shooting grip. So how do you plan on shooting your glock? Upside down, underwater, using your tongue to pull the trigger. :raisedbrow:

· Registered
111 Posts
I don't see that scuba_steve has much of a point really in spite of his blustery retort and attempts at comedy through exageration. Could not be that he simply is a Glock fan and is trying to make an anti XD argument where there really isn't one to be made could it? :dunno:

I know the forum admin, posse etc don't like it when certain themes are hijacked, but honestly I welcome it. In all the banter I have read on the forum from Glock lovers/ XD haters, I have come to see that XD haters really have no legitimate points and no actual reason based on any real world exeriences or problems w/ XD's that can be objectively confirmed. In the end, I find they strengthen my position. Generally when people grasp at straws like that in a debate, it is because their argument is not solid. Whats next, name calling when we don't accept your view point?[/quote]

So seriously gunsculpter, how much time did you put into that comment? My point was that XD's do not have too many safeties. I could spend hours trying to write something that I believe would impress some people but I have a real life, offline. But thanks for your concern. And no doubt, you will post a lengthy reply to this as well because you have nothing better to do.

· Registered
111 Posts
swilden, that was exactly why I was defensive about the comments. But hey, if he feels a little bigger and more intelligent, then I guess it is worth it.

I'm done with it.

SO back onto the XD thread, I am seriously thinking about getting an XD soon. Just not sure if I want a 9mm or 45. Do you have a good recommendation on a good place to get the best price on an XD? Pretty sure I will go with either one, probably the 45.

· Registered
111 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:
scuba_steve said:
Is your 1911 a 45 or 9mm. Either way, where do you get the ammo for that price?
If it is a 1911....then it is a .45....Anything else is a 1911 wanabee.... :bang2:

Tarzan
New to this gun thing. I noticed that today at Sportsman's Warehouse, all 1911's are 45. Ok, so I am a little behind the power curve. :huh:

· Registered
111 Posts
PW said:
Gotta say I love my XD45 compact and carry it every day.
You know PW, I have been carrying my SW Sigma 9mm IWB for about two weeks now and I have to admit that I think I will go with a compact pistol. I find it a bit cumbersome at times and I find myself thinking about not carrying it. I don't want to do that! We'll see what happens. :type:

· Registered
111 Posts
PW said:
scuba_steve said:
PW said:
Gotta say I love my XD45 compact and carry it every day.
You know PW, I have been carrying my SW Sigma 9mm IWB for about two weeks now and I have to admit that I think I will go with a compact pistol. I find it a bit cumbersome at times and I find myself thinking about not carrying it. I don't want to do that! We'll see what happens. :type:
The xd45 compact is bigger than your SW Sigma 9.... not sure IMO that the size of the gun makes as much difference as HOW you carry it.
How do you carry it? I think I am going to get a OWB to carry to see how I like that. I like the concealment of IWB though. IMO it is easier to hide without going through extreme measure to hide it. Not a biggy if someone see it though, just as long I try to conceal it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.