Utah Guns Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, being a guy who doesn't have a Glock, I can tell you that Glocks are not nearly as good as XDs. You see, not owning a Glock allows me to be an expert on the subject. See, when I'm with my special ops team patrolling your local mall, protecting all the sheeple, I have to use my XD all the time. You wouldn't believe how many times I have saved some poor little boy from a terrible fate in the men's room or drawn down on Neo-Nazi gangs and shoplifters. I mean, when someone steals I give them a warning, but if they ignore that, they are hosed! I know none of you respect what I do in the private security field, but what my team and I do is so much more dangerous than anything SWAT or law enforcement have seen. Were it not for my XD and other elite tactical gear, I would have been shot dead long ago. I don't want to die, no way! That's why I carry an XD and not a Glock...

For those who don't understand, please read this before you flame me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
Well, being a guy who doesn't have a Glock, I can tell you that Glocks are not nearly as good as XDs. You see, not owning a Glock allows me to be an expert on the subject. See, when I'm with my special ops team patrolling your local mall, protecting all the sheeple, I have to use my XD all the time. You wouldn't believe how many times I have saved some poor little boy from a terrible fate in the men's room or drawn down on Neo-Nazi gangs and shoplifters. I mean, when someone steals I give them a warning, but if they ignore that, they are hosed! I know none of you respect what I do in the private security field, but what my team and I do is so much more dangerous than anything SWAT or law enforcement have seen. Were it not for my XD and other elite tactical gear, I would have been shot dead long ago. I don't want to die, no way! That's why I carry an XD and not a Glock...

For those who don't understand, please read this before you flame me.
Funny how the guy had a G23 and a G27. :ack: I'm sure if the XD was the hottest thing back then (like the Glock), then he would have had one of those. :ROFL: I'm glad that GeneticsDave is a "XD Expert". If I ever run into problems with my new XD, I'll know who to call. 8) OTOH, if anyone hears of "Mall Ninja" stories about a Glock, you can refer them to me. If I haven't tried it or know first hand, I'd certainly be able to get the accurate 411 on the situation. :wink: BTW, I did fire a G19 and G23 under water. Both times the bullet didn't travel very far, and the experience was quite scary. :shock:

gf

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
GeneticsDave said:
I don't want to die, no way! That's why I carry an XD and not a Glock...
Thanks for your service, man. And don't forget to duct-tape that third trauma plate to your skin! I know it's uncomfortable but there's no way that only two will stop more than five or six .308s.

·
Registered
570 Posts
swillden said:
GeneticsDave said:
I don't want to die, no way! That's why I carry an XD and not a Glock...
Thanks for your service, man. And don't forget to duct-tape that third trauma plate to your skin! I know it's uncomfortable but there's no way that only two will stop more than five or six .308s.
Anything that will stop a .408 Chey Tac? ;)

gf

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
glock fan said:
Anything that will stop a .408 Chey Tac? ;)

I'm sure the mall ninjas have been hitting their supervisor up for a couple of these, WITH reactive armor.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No way man. We have a golf cart that looks almost exactly like that. I keep my MP5 under the seat, you know, out of sight so I don't scare any sheeple. We also have a bunch of other armored vehicles like Suburbans and Hummers (yes, the Marines are two short now). What we do has a lot to do with national security. I won't tell you what city I am in, but we once saved the life of the Mayor's nephew and now we have a special pass and can get just about any gear and vehicles we want. I roam through the service areas and up on the roof of the building quite a bit. I have some major artillery stashed in tactically convenient places, you know, velcro'd to pipes and other sweet hiding spots so that I can access a sniper rifle in under 15 seconds from wherever I am. Since you mentioned plates, I wanted to tell you that my wife did in fact make that plate holder so I can have a sixth plate on my back. I still have been thinking of taping a few extra on though. You can never have enough plates when you have to "take hits" for the team. You wouldn't believe how many times I have been shot at with high-power .308 rounds. We even have a hole in our cart from where a .50 BMG round narrowly missed my head. Good thing I have an ACOG on my MP5 so I could take out that scumbag crip member - as soon as you confiscate their Barrett rifles, more show up, they have some serious funding in those gangs. We have to be extra diligent with all the FA Thompsons and AKs the teenagers bring to our mall these days. You should have seen the day Grand Theft Auto IV was released. We had guys popping up from behind the counters of CinnaBon and Orange Julius popping off rounds at each other just so they could get a copy of that game, it was crazy! But, when you are a super-sweet operator like myself and my team and you study Jinjieujitsuienasu martial arts and are just a few months from becoming a full-fledged Ningamasu master, you can't help but wonder how anyone else even made it to their 10th birthday. I'm not trying to pump myself up or anything, it's just that people don't understand what mall security is really like, so I want to make sure that I set the record straight...

For others who fight daily to ward off evil in the malls of America, please continue this discussion with me over on this thread, and not distract from how cool XDs are: Return of the Ninja.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
GeneticsDave, maybe we need to have your SN changed to GeneticsDave45. :lolbang: :lolbang:

On a more Xd vs Glock note:

What makes many people love XD's is the reason I do not like them... all the :spam: -ing safeties. I figure next years model will come with fingerprint recognition and maybe a 16 digit code you have to enter before you can fire the gun too. Oh I got an Idea, a card swipe to read your CCW permit and maybe even a WiFi connection to verify your background check... Oh oh oh while we are at it add a breathalyzer test like they have in cars and a legal disclaimer notice you have to read and agree to before being able to take each shot. Finally lets have it call 911 auotmatically when it is pulled from a holster so police and medics are dispatched.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
Finally lets have it call 911 auotmatically when it is pulled from a holster so police and medics are dispatched.
Police and coroner's wagon. We are talking about an XD in the hands of a Mall Ninja. Medics will NOT be required.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
What makes many people love XD's is the reason I do not like them... all the :spam: -ing safeties
I'm not a fan of the new .45 with the safety switch, but I quite like the fact that the XD has both trigger safety and grip safety. Neither interfere with making it go boom (well, "pop" -- I carry a 9mm) when I want it to, but the combination gives me a lot of peace of mind.

I don't think we can expect to see Springfield Armory adding more safeties. I don't think they'd have added the safety switch if it weren't necessary to comply with some organizations' policies.

·
Registered
111 Posts
xmirage2kx said:
GeneticsDave, maybe we need to have your SN changed to GeneticsDave45. :lolbang: :lolbang:

What makes many people love XD's is the reason I do not like them... all the :spam: -ing safeties. I figure next years model will come with fingerprint recognition and maybe a 16 digit code you have to enter before you can fire the gun too. Oh I got an Idea, a card swipe to read your CCW permit and maybe even a WiFi connection to verify your background check... Oh oh oh while we are at it add a breathalyzer test like they have in cars and a legal disclaimer notice you have to read and agree to before being able to take each shot. Finally lets have it call 911 auotmatically when it is pulled from a holster so police and medics are dispatched.
Short of the 08' addition, all XD safeties are bypassed with proper shooting grip. So how do you plan on shooting your glock? Upside down, underwater, using your tongue to pull the trigger. :raisedbrow:

G

·
scuba_steve said:
xmirage2kx said:

Short of the 08' addition, all XD safeties are bypasses with proper shooting grip. So how do you plan on shooting your glock? Upside down, underwater, using your tongue to pull the trigger. :raisedbrow:
+1

I don't really understand the argument. Is there really any safety on the XD that is in any way inconvenient or not well implemented that requires any effort from the shooter to manage? Is the XD not a gun you can pick up and shoot w/o any other considerations? Of course it is. Where are these inconvenient safety measures? Heck you could even hold it sideways w/ the gangsta/homie style grip if you are so inclined. I don't see that scuba_steve has much of a point really in spite of his blustery retort and attempts at comedy through exageration. Could not be that he simply is a Glock fan and is trying to make an anti XD argument where there really isn't one to be made could it? :dunno:

I know the forum admin, posse etc don't like it when certain themes are hijacked, but honestly I welcome it. In all the banter I have read on the forum from Glock lovers/ XD haters, I have come to see that XD haters really have no legitimate points and no actual reason based on any real world exeriences or problems w/ XD's that can be objectively confirmed. In the end, I find they strengthen my position. Generally when people grasp at straws like that in a debate, it is because their argument is not solid. Whats next, name calling when we don't accept your view point?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My Glock has a theme song. It goes like this:

bang bang bang,
bang bang bang,
bang bang bang bang bang,
bang bang bang bang bang bang bang,
bang bang bang bang bang bang, bang!

bang bang bang,
bang bang bang,
bang!

( I have the 31 round magazine)

I also have an XD, and it is fun to shoot too. I've got a 1911, a few revolvers, some rifles, and a silencer. This is my societal contribution to diversity.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't see that scuba_steve has much of a point really in spite of his blustery retort and attempts at comedy through exageration. Could not be that he simply is a Glock fan and is trying to make an anti XD argument where there really isn't one to be made could it? :dunno:

I know the forum admin, posse etc don't like it when certain themes are hijacked, but honestly I welcome it. In all the banter I have read on the forum from Glock lovers/ XD haters, I have come to see that XD haters really have no legitimate points and no actual reason based on any real world exeriences or problems w/ XD's that can be objectively confirmed. In the end, I find they strengthen my position. Generally when people grasp at straws like that in a debate, it is because their argument is not solid. Whats next, name calling when we don't accept your view point?[/quote]

So seriously gunsculpter, how much time did you put into that comment? My point was that XD's do not have too many safeties. I could spend hours trying to write something that I believe would impress some people but I have a real life, offline. But thanks for your concern. And no doubt, you will post a lengthy reply to this as well because you have nothing better to do.

G

·
scuba steve, since I care so much what you think of me, i'll keep this short. I actually spent little time on my previous response, but then again, that's all it takes when your proficient in English as your first language, look into it, you'll notice a marked difference in communicating your point so it can be understood. If you look at responses, I am not the only one that couldn't make sense of your rant. I do find it ironic how you can tell me I don't have a life for commenting on the same forum you are posting on. Something about living in glass houses and throwing stones. I also remember saying something about when you have no argument, calling names or getting personal. Congrats, you proved my point. You make it too easy. I'm sure I'll get chewed out for my post by a posse member, oh well. This is my last post on this string and It's only fair I should be able to respond in kind to your comments.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
I'm confused.

It looks like sculptingmyguns and scuba_steve are in violent agreement -- both strenuously defending the XD, to the point of ad hominems?

Guys, let's keep this friendly -- and ESPECIALLY when we're arguing ON THE SAME SIDE!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.