Utah Guns Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
swilden, that was exactly why I was defensive about the comments. But hey, if he feels a little bigger and more intelligent, then I guess it is worth it.

I'm done with it.

SO back onto the XD thread, I am seriously thinking about getting an XD soon. Just not sure if I want a 9mm or 45. Do you have a good recommendation on a good place to get the best price on an XD? Pretty sure I will go with either one, probably the 45.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
scuba_steve said:
Do you have a good recommendation on a good place to get the best price on an XD? Pretty sure I will go with either one, probably the 45.
I got mine through Sierra Guns in Clinton - http://www.sierraguns.com/ Give him a call and see what he has any in stock or can get them.

You could fill a library with .45 vs. 9mm debate material. The only real solution is to carry one of each. 8) Barring that, I went with the 9mm because I shoot A LOT and would have had to take out a second mortgage to pay for that much .45 ammo.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Buy the .45 AND a Dillon 550. I shoot my 1911 for about 10 cents a round. From what I've seen around the Salt Lake valley, FBMG has the lowest prices on the XD.45 compact but the one under the counter is MINE, have them order you another one :crown:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
scuba_steve said:
Francis Marion said:
Buy the .45 AND a Dillon 550. I shoot my 1911 for about 10 cents a round. From what I've seen around the Salt Lake valley, FBMG has the lowest prices on the XD.45 compact but the one under the counter is MINE, have them order you another one :crown:
What is FMBG?
its a gun shop in draper

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's a .45 and I make it. The price of bullets has gone up recently and I haven't recalculated current costs but a couple years ago I figured it was costing me 9 cents a round to reload .45 ACP. With the current price of Sierra Match King, I reload .308 Win for about 50 cents a round.

*Update* With my latest purchase yesterday the cost of bullets has more than doubled, so my current loads are costing me 20-21 cents per round. :crying: Guess I need to by a lead furnace.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
scuba_steve said:
Is your 1911 a 45 or 9mm. Either way, where do you get the ammo for that price?
If it is a 1911....then it is a .45....Anything else is a 1911 wanabee.... :bang2:

Tarzan

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I was shopping for my gun I started looking for a Glock. But a few people suggested that I try an XD. So I went to a range and fired a few XD's and a few Glocks. I liked them both and after a few hundred rounds neither had any issues. I ended picking the XD because It felt better in my hand. A little less clunky. I have since put over 500 through my XD and as best I can recall never had a single missfire with what I consider pretty good accuracy. I really like it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tarzan1888 said:
scuba_steve said:
If it is a 1911....then it is a .45....Anything else is a 1911 wanabee.... :bang2:

Tarzan
New to this gun thing. I noticed that today at Sportsman's Warehouse, all 1911's are 45. Ok, so I am a little behind the power curve. :huh:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
scuba_steve said:
Tarzan1888 said:
scuba_steve said:

Tarzan
New to this gun thing. I noticed that today at Sportsman's Warehouse, all 1911's are 45. Ok, so I am a little behind the power curve. :huh:
Some Manufactures have taken the basic 1911 frame and adapted it to calibers other than .45 ACP, but some of us do not consider that a real 1911 as per the basic tenant that a 1911 is a .45 ACP :D

Tarzan

·
Registered
111 Posts
PW said:
Gotta say I love my XD45 compact and carry it every day.
You know PW, I have been carrying my SW Sigma 9mm IWB for about two weeks now and I have to admit that I think I will go with a compact pistol. I find it a bit cumbersome at times and I find myself thinking about not carrying it. I don't want to do that! We'll see what happens. :type:

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
scuba_steve said:
PW said:
You know PW, I have been carrying my SW Sigma 9mm IWB for about two weeks now and I have to admit that I think I will go with a compact pistol. I find it a bit cumbersome at times and I find myself thinking about not carrying it. I don't want to do that! We'll see what happens. :type:
The xd45 compact is bigger than your SW Sigma 9.... not sure IMO that the size of the gun makes as much difference as HOW you carry it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
PW said:
scuba_steve said:
PW said:
The xd45 compact is bigger than your SW Sigma 9.... not sure IMO that the size of the gun makes as much difference as HOW you carry it.
How do you carry it? I think I am going to get a OWB to carry to see how I like that. I like the concealment of IWB though. IMO it is easier to hide without going through extreme measure to hide it. Not a biggy if someone see it though, just as long I try to conceal it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
since everybody is expressing their fuzzy feeling for the XD i guess i should do it too... bought my XD9 Tactical a while back love the gun easy to shoot accurate and big mag never had any problems/jams etc. couple weeks ago i started to look into 1911s springfields of course and found one liked it BUT in the end i decided to go with XDM 40 and i'm really happy i did it. love the new grips and 16 round mag for .40 is pretty impressive also since rear sights were pulled back all the way it's much easier to aim....now i just have to find somebody that wants to buy my XD9.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
scuba_steve said:
How do you carry it? I think I am going to get a OWB to carry to see how I like that. I like the concealment of IWB though. IMO it is easier to hide without going through extreme measure to hide it. Not a biggy if someone see it though, just as long I try to conceal it.
Crossbreed Supertuck.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.