Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Specs

I purchased an XD45 Compact Tactical this week. I intend to use it for concealed carry and use for USPSA competition with the local CAPS club. I have carried an XD45 Service or a 1911 in the past and decided I wanted to try the best of both worlds. As the picture shows, it has an OD frame. When I ordered it from CAL Ranch in Logan, they could bring in the OD XD and since all my friends have the Black on Black versions, I decided I wanted to be different.

I shot it today at the Logan range, running about 75 rounds of ball out of it. Functionality was perfect. Accuracy was better than my XD service but I expected that with the longer sight radius and extra weight on the front end. I shot targets at 7 yards and 25 yards. When I would concentrate and focus on front sight and trigger control, the shots where in the bulls eye at both distances, but when I hurried the shot, they drifted to the left or down. This was the first time I had shot my XD past 15 yards and I was impressed that I could hit the bulls eye.

I like the compact grip on the XD45s. My little finger does not hang off the bottom of the grip yet I still have 10+1 when I carry. I will start looking for a good IWB holster, my preferred carry style, and look into getting night sights for it.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Very nice! I can't do the CAPS match today, but hope to see you next month. You'd better get some more magazines - those guys have some intense multi-magazine stages.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hey congrats on your new weapon, yes get more mags. you will need them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $599 and change for it.

I have lots of mags. I ordered six of the 13 round mags for my XD45 Service last year and this last week I ordered three of the compact mags plus extra mag extenders so I am set.

G

·
When I bought my XD45 Compact Service I was torn. I had previously owned an XD40 Tactical and loved the longer sight radious, etc. However, for concealment purposes, I chose the XD45 Service.

·
Super Moderator
1,552 Posts
MMMMMMMMM.......if you ever want to trade that toward the Compact Service model, I'd be more than willing. Nice, nice pistol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the same gun with 4 thirteen round mags, and 1 ten round, I also installed a Crimson Trace laser grip on it, I packed a Smith & Wesson 9mm Sigma in the past, but wanted more punch in my carry gun, I like the Sigma; but love my Springfield XD .45 it was the best thing I ever did.. FUN FUN FUN... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's a nice one, congrats. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts