Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired an XD 45 tactical which is a very nice gun. I had to sell my glock 38 but i got a better gun with more firepower so i figure it was okay. My XD has a five inch barrel and the standard 13 round magazine and it shoots so good and it is more accurate. I'll let you know more after i go shoot it with crackshot and pw.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice, I'm sure you will enjoy that.

I would suggest getting a Don's guide rod for it. It's a solid stainless steel guide rod, adds weight to the front and helps with muzzle flip.

Quicker follow up shots you know.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was in CAL Ranch on Wednesday and they had an XD45 Service with the thumb safety. It operated just like a 1911 thumb safety but I did not like it. It was very small and not very long. Being used to my 1911's safety, I had a hard time hitting it. I do not like the thumb safety option for the XDs. To me it it like putting one on a revolver.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i might be wrong but i think that 2008 XD models have thumb safety ... my XD is couple years old that's why it doesn't have it. to be honest with all of the safety features built into it thumb safety might be a bit of a overkill

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Eddie_XD said:
i might be wrong but i think that 2008 XD models have thumb safety ... my XD is couple years old that's why it doesn't have it. to be honest with all of the safety features built into it thumb safety might be a bit of a overkill
I was told that you can get them either way.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
MarshallDodge said:
Eddie_XD said:
I was told that you can get them either way.
The thumb safety was added because many PDs were saying that they wouldn't even consider buying XDs unless they have a manual safety - so Springfield added on to appease them. Pretty funny because the XD has more safeties than the Glock, but many PDs use Glocks... hm...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts