Utah Guns Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was out in the shop making holsters. I turned on the A/C but it was hot, too hot for my button-up shirt and tank top, so I take off the shirt and open carry while I work.

In walks my 16 yr old daughter to introduce me to her new 18 year old boyfriend. I stand up to shake his hand and he immediately sees my Sig, my daughter must of warned him. She introduced us and I tell him that he better respect my daughter and he will have her home at 10:00 or me and him will have problems. "Yes Sir, we wont be late" ... Guess who wasn't late ... lol

After they left I busted out laughing cause it reminded me of the first time I met my father in-law, over 20 years ago. My wife, girlfriend at the time, was a sweet 16 year old and I was a cocky, know-it-all 20 year old. Her dad, who was a Leo, said those exact same words to me. I always respected her and she was always home on time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
:lol: Good story. I've never had that happen to me but i think I'll do it if I have any daughters. The hard part is deciding what gun to be "cleaning" when she brings the boy in. MAK 90? big stainless S&W 1006? or a hunting rifle with a big scope? Maybe the hunting rifle and allude to me keeping an eye on them, from a distance.

Reminds me of this country song.

Cleaning This Gun (Come On In Boy) lyrics by Rodney Atkins

The declaration of independence
Think I can tell you that first sentence
But then I'm lost
I can't begin to count the theories
I had pounded in my head that I forgot
I don't remember all that spanish
Or the gettysburg address
But there is one speech from high school
I'll never forgot

Come on in boy, sit on down
And tell me 'bout yourself
So you like my daughter, do you now
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's girl and her mama's world
She deserves respect, that's what she'll get, ain't it son
Now y'all run along and have some fun
I'll see you when you get back
Bet I'll be up all night
Still cleaning this gun

Well now that I'm a father
I'm scared to death one day my daughter's gonna find
That teenage boy I used to be
Who seems to have just one thing on his mind
She's growing up so fast it won't be long
'fore I'll have to put the fear of god
Into some kid at the door

It's all for show, ain't nobody gonna get hurt
It's just a daddy thing, hey believe me man, it works

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Rule 4 was my favorite too. Here it is:

"Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I WILL kill you. "

·
Registered
378 Posts
Great story. I love that Rodney Adkins song.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
When our three girls were still at home I had a standing rule that the boy come up to the door. On the first date with the punk we had to meet him. When they came in I would not say hi, bye, or kiss my back side, I would by putting the shotgun together. They I would put five rounds in it hit the slide and ask the punk do you understand what I just said. They did, always got them home on time or earlier. But did not work on three, now married and giving us grand kids.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I love stories like the one you shared.

I have three daughters, ages 11, 7, and 1.8, so no boy issues yet!

The joke my wife and I have is I get a double barreled shot gun for each girl and I will be cleaning it when a Date showes up to take out one of the girls. When it comes time for a daughter to marry, I will give the shot gun to my new Son-in-Law as a wedding present.

Don't tell my wife that I came up with this plan to get more skeet partners!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
MasLakas said:
I love stories like the one you shared.

I have three daughters, ages 11, 7, and 1.8, so no boy issues yet!

The joke my wife and I have is I get a double barreled shot gun for each girl and I will be cleaning it when a Date showes up to take out one of the girls. When it comes time for a daughter to marry, I will give the shot gun to my new Son-in-Law as a wedding present.

Don't tell my wife that I came up with this plan to get more skeet partners!
Now that is one good idea, but I wish I would have thought of that. Don't worry I will not tell her. :lol2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts