Posting Window BUG

Please read and abide by the rules you will find here.
This is also an area to post comments, complaints, and concerns regarding Utah Concealed Carry.

Re: Posting Window BUG

Postby divegeek » Tue 25 Jan 2011 9:30 pm

Crash wrote:Yeah. I meant to set that min and max-width to 100% Oops. Apparently in modern browsers, those take precedence over width, so avoids the bug. But old browsers will get a fixed width (not sure which ones are "modern" enough to recognize min and max.) Seems like any CSS bugs in IE get UGLY workarounds. :)

I think min-width and max-width were introduced in CSS2, so you'd have to go back a few years to find a browser that doesn't support them.
Four boxes protect our liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Use in that order.

Utah CFP Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor for Pistol, Rifle and Self-Defense in the Home; NRA RSO.

I am not a lawyer!
divegeek
Top Shot

Re: Posting Window BUG

Postby RustyShackleford » Fri 28 Jan 2011 10:23 am

It is a problem with IE8.

After copy ing and pasting a long bit of regulations in another post and then wanting to highlight the applicable section (not sure of proper IT terminology)...It went all screwy.
I clicked the compatibility view thingy up at the address bar. That corrected the problem.

this was actually on Jeopardy a few days ago...
Contestant: I'll take guns and Geeks for $400 Alex!

Alex: Firefox and the M1 Garand as opposed to IE8 and the M16, M4, AR-15.

Contestant: What are things designed properly and those that need a "forward assist".

If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Previous

Return to Rules, Comments, Complaints, and Concerns