Opera Mobile browser double posting of sorts

Please read and abide by the rules you will find here.
This is also an area to post comments, complaints, and concerns regarding Utah Concealed Carry.

Opera Mobile browser double posting of sorts

Postby Zacharia » Sat 27 Aug 2011 10:12 pm

Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem I am lately posting things using my HTC hero and opera mobile.

Nearly everytime I type up a post and exit the text input area my screen refreshes and what I type is now there 2+ more times. If I go back in and delete the excess it usually works but even then sometimes I've published the post and have had to go back in and edit it a 3rd time.

Don't know if its my hardware, a known bug, or user error. Just wondering if it happens to anyone else.
Zacharia
Sniper

Re: Opera Mobile browser double posting of sorts

Postby Snurd » Sat 27 Aug 2011 10:45 pm

I try not to use the browser too much for posting on forums. For some reason it is difficult to navigate around, and if I flip my phone sideways sometimes where it shows what I am typing goes black or white and I can't see it. I haven't had the double post issue, but the browser is annoying. I switched to Tapatalk a while back because someone on this forum suggested it. I don't remember who it was, but it has been really useful, and it is the most used app on my phone by a long shot.
Oh, and I use an HTC EVO.
Snurd
Posse

Re: Opera Mobile browser double posting of sorts

Postby Jeff Johnson » Wed 31 Aug 2011 8:54 pm

I haven't heard of the problem you describe before, but you might try switching to TapaTalk (assuming it's available for our mobile device).
That seems to work well for people.

I find it awkward to try to use a browser on a mobile device. For me, it's just easier to use TapaTalk.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Return to Rules, Comments, Complaints, and Concerns